Cavaliers of Mars Landscape / Cityscape questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavaliers of Mars Landscape / Cityscape questions

So I am working on some maps for the Festival of Blades and also a game that I am working on (beyond Festival of Blades) and am getting a few roadblocks. I was hoping some could answer some questions as to the landscapes and cities of Mars themselves. I know that Vance is a large city with beautiful towering architecture from the red rock and crypts from the white marble and so on, so are these buildings/towers/crypts/etc. all built from the Mars landscape itself or are they buildings like we would imagine in modern cities, but more extravagant? I imagine that mars is built both IN the landscape itself as well as manufacturing alloys and stone that one could only dream of and creating huge architecture that would make all of earth's architecture envious. I am just trying to find a way to capture that in a set of maps for my players. Any help is really appreciated!

"Kinda I want to" - Trent Reznor

Okay so after reading more about the landscape and the stories (gauging the architecture of mars from that and using my own interpretations of course) I am almost complete with the The Tower Crypts Map. It's a 1 sq. = 5' map, pretty big as I imagine the tombs to be something grande as well as the large towers (per the map included in the festival of blades, roughly twice the size of the crypts). I am trying to introduce this people who are used to playing 5E and other miniature/map based games. Although I like the idea of the 'theater of the mind', I have to appeal to them in some sort of way to get them to play. If anyone is interested I will post the rough draft of it later this evening (after my day job) in here.

Comment

I'd like to help, but I don't really understand the question. They're buildings like you might find in a grand, ancient city, but built on the scale of a modern metropolis.

And I'd love to see your map! If you're doing 5ft squares, I'd recommend making one stunt die count for three squares of movement.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator

Comment

Rose, that actually answers my question. When I was reading through the jumpstart and also other information on your site, it states that they are carved from the red stone that is found on Mars as well as beautiful white stone in the tombs. I was more so asking about this as I am trying to really build something true to the setting. Thank you for the advice with the stunt die count as this actually fixes my including a few here in there in each tomb and the large towers in the Tower Crypts. When everything is done, I will post the map up here for sure!

Comment

Working...
        X