Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully on topic: They Came from Beneath the Sea!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

This sounds awesome! I can't wait for this game. Are those all the Archetypes or just a sample to intrigue us?
    Those are the archetypes we have in place for now, and all the core game needs to run. Watch any B-Movie and your protagonists will fall into one of those brackets. Anything else we create as playable options (talking hypothetical stretch goals here) would go in a sourcebook, and be far more specific.

Matthew Dawkins
    Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

You've pretty much got the right idea!

The protagonists in this game are divided into Archetypes: The Survivor (think the strong-jawed veteran hero with a torn vest and too many muscles in his arms), the Everyman (blue collar Joe just looking to defend his patch of land), the Scientist (mad or otherwise, but usually mad), the G-Man (whether it be Bureau, local sheriff, or other person in-the-know), and the Mouth (the plucky journalist, the faded actor looking for his chance to shine, the kid with a wisecrack for every situation).
      Yeah seriously this sounds right up my alley and a good one for new gamers that don't know how Table tops work, and old gamers wanting to try a nice refreshing movie take.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Yeah seriously this sounds right up my alley and a good one for new gamers that don't know how Table tops work, and old gamers wanting to try a nice refreshing movie take.
        Glad to hear it! B-Movie director Larry Blamire is contributing to it as well, which is great fun.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Glad to hear it! B-Movie director Larry Blamire is contributing to it as well, which is great fun.
          Haha you're always good with reaching out and connecting with people! Your video with Rein Dot Heigen was the first time I ever even seen the man!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
            Haha you're always good with reaching out and connecting with people! Your video with Rein Dot Heigen was the first time I ever even seen the man!
            I will take the credit (or blame) for plucking him from the wilderness!

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Working...
            X