Cavaliers of Mars and Cthulhu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavaliers of Mars and Cthulhu

Reading through the material and thoughts of the dying planet (with a healthy dose of the last Laundry Files book I read (The Nightmare Stacks)) I am wonder if mixing in some fun and fuzzy Cthulhu Mythos might add to the game ... just weird thoughts.

Hmmm...interesting idea. What were you thinking?

Comment

[QUOTE=EldritchMinister;n1148040]Hmmm...interesting idea. What were you thinking?[/QUOTE

Oh just general end of the world dark times evil cult things based around the great old ones. I would need to see a copy of the lore to really put something down. In The Nightmare Stacks thew world the elves came from was a dying world due to them basically summoning in old ones .. soooo i was thinking it might work.

Comment

The Titus Crow series does goes straight up Burroughs in Spawn of the Winds, which mostly focuses on Ithaqua.

Comment

ok so not seeing alot in the background of mars .. i snagged the pdf file they had for the kickstarter. i might have to extrapolate some stuff, though i like nod to the tripods, which means the original martians or first martians might have been the big brain dudes .. who might be still hiding away in those old places.

Comment

I think you could definitely do something with the following questions: What did the First Martians worship? How did they build their technology? How did they come to discover the technology? Were there old cults with the first martians? I mean HP Lovecraft has always had some sci-fi elements to it...creatures that may have stopped on the surfaces of Mars...a mystery cult that potentially unlocked another dimension deep in the tunnels of mars...so on and so forth. I could see it done. If you have any ideas, please let me know, I'd love to collaborate on something like this. I am a kickstarter as well and have the text so I'm well versed in what's been released thus far with the game world.

Comment

The Vaults of Yoh-Vombis, along with loads of stuff written by Clark Ashton Smith, might be just right into the alley you are looking for. Really, check it out.

Comment

Cool, I shall do so. I also have a copy of Mars for Savage Worlds ... it has some interesting stuff too.

Comment

Also, the blighted wasteland of a world that is Marr’d, covered in blood stained sand and dark ambitions, is another thing definitely worth look out for - and mining - if you can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                    Also, the blighted wasteland of a world that is Marr’d, covered in blood stained sand and dark ambitions, is another thing definitely worth look out for - and mining - if you can find it.
                    And we already have our tiny crossover with that amazing book, too.

Rose Bailey
                    Onyx Path Development Producer
                    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

And we already have our tiny crossover with that amazing book, too.
                      Ohhhhh, now i'm really curious.

Comment

Same here... very curious

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Ohhhhh, now i'm really curious.
                          The Damsel Messiah is a historical figure in Cavaliers, whose church is quite influential. Battlehymn is one of the cities that gets a writeup.

Rose Bailey
                          Onyx Path Development Producer
                          Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

The Damsel Messiah is a historical figure in Cavaliers, whose church is quite influential. Battlehymn is one of the cities that gets a writeup.
                            Great to know indeed.

As an aside, i've been toying with the idea of a Barsoom-esque kind of land set into Cecelyne's Endless Desert and adding Marr'd to it has been mighty tempting to go along with indeed.

Comment

Barsoom-esque sounds neat. I still remember the John Carter movie and the shots of all the ruined cities out in the deserts.

Comment

Working...
                              X