Cavalier of Mars Core impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavalier of Mars Core impressions

Is anyone reading the new Cavalier of Mars Core Book?
    What do you find interesting?
    What do you think is not that cool?
    I'm personally disappointed on the very short and little Experience growing of the characters! Few talents!!!

I'm actually loving it. I have currently run a few shorter games starting with festival of blades and moving forward with original story/plot from there previous to the kickstarter. I also am running a longer game right now that has really progressed quite nicely. In terms of Talents, why not develop your own using the current as guidelines? I, honestly, could not be happier with the Core at this point. (well, it'll be much nicer to have the physical copy in mah' hands lol).

"Kinda I want to" - Trent Reznor

Comment

What I find Interesting (Because I did not say so in my last post) is the DEIMOS system itself and how it creates quick resolutions. Also, the Combat is amazing IMO. It moves quick and easy and allows all players to quickly be part. The world itself is AMAZING in my opinion. In all honesty, I really do think that it's a winner in every way. I cannot say that or think that enough. I've probably annoyed my other d20/d10 system players with talking about it so much . Disappointed...honestly...I have not really found anything disappointing thus far. Like I mentioned previously, I have run NUMEROUS games with the kickstarter preview and the Festival of Blades starter and have not had a dull moment. The artwork is really awesome as well considering it gives me something to really picture in my head when creating the landscape for my players.

Comment

I'm a bit frustrated with the colored dice built in. It's not at all a serious issue for me personally (I'm one of the bucket of dice folks, so I have more than enough of different colors for it). But it has a few issues depending on your access to them (and ones that work for you for colorblind players), or if you rely on online dice rollers which frequently aren't coded for this.

Nothing hard to solve myself, but a small frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
          I'm a bit frustrated with the colored dice built in. It's not at all a serious issue for me personally (I'm one of the bucket of dice folks, so I have more than enough of different colors for it). But it has a few issues depending on your access to them (and ones that work for you for colorblind players), or if you rely on online dice rollers which frequently aren't coded for this.

Nothing hard to solve myself, but a small frustration.

I get you here. Initially I had to think of a way to get it to work with Roll20 which don't have native different color die options. That said, if you have a pro account and have access to the API it's pretty easy to script.

Comment

I just got my copy of the Cavaliers Core, from having kick-started it way back in the day.

You guys this game is FANTASTIC. I am very hyped to run it.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
            -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Working...
            X