Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Unknown Uplifted Races do you think there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Unknown Uplifted Races do you think there?

So we already have an idea of three other uplifted races that has been mentioned in the material. Rats, Badgers, and Lizards. We also have a small inkling on how they are like on a societal level as well or at least we have ideas. That said these three certainly aren't the last of the uplifted races we can see in the future, but it's beginning. So here's a question. What other animals do you think will show up in the world of pugmire, and to add a little bit more to that. How do you envision there society to appear like. Whether super detailed or through stereotypes by the other races. Just thought this be a fun thing to ask.

ferrets, ferrets would be nice, some sort of bird - parrot or corvid would be good, not sure how i would characterise any of these though.

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post
      ferrets, ferrets would be nice, some sort of bird - parrot or corvid would be good, not sure how i would characterise any of these though.
      The badgers include not only their namesake species, but also otters, weasels, ferrets, polecats and wolverines, per the Pugmire core (p. 132).

It also mentions there're fish and birds as well (p. 131).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I'd write something about swine, mainly channelling my love for George Orwell's Animal Farm.

Matthew Dawkins
        In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
          I'd write something about swine, mainly channelling my love for George Orwell's Animal Farm.
          So Communist pigs. Well that would be interesting in one way or another

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
            Huzzah for Pigmire! The only game where nobody cares if your character is a complete boar!

Jason Ross Inczauskis
            Freelance Writer
            Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, TC In Media Res
            Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

In the Cats/Dogs argument, I tend to vote for Reptiles, so I'm really hoping to see more on the lizard races. My ideal Pugmire PC is a big fat iguana-dude with a frilly mohawk and a relic surfboard!

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Huzzah for Pigmire! The only game where nobody cares if your character is a complete boar!

I want to get in on the pun action too! Don't hog it all, White Oak Dragon! :P

I draw things! Wanna check it out? Click on the link below!
              http://kiwi665.deviantart.com/

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

I would really love it if the currently defined Uplifted species were to get their own books. I feel like I'm getting kind of worried that it won't happen. Rats with their Science! and pseudo psionics on one hand and Italian crime families on the other are exciting to me. I'm getting an almost Arabian Nights vibe from the Lizard NPCs we're seeing, and there's so much to explore there. And then there's the Mustelids we seem to naturally think of as the 'weasel family' that we're calling Badgers for some reason. At first blush they seem like the Orcs of the setting but I'd almost give them a pre-Roman Celt feel. I feel like Rats would almost have the best chance to be the next thing just because they don't necessarily need a *new* slice of the map laid out for them. On the other hand Badgers actually already have the six 'divisions' already laid out from the Pugmire book. Still, I'd love for some Lizard action.

If I had to guess a future unreferenced Uplifted species I'd have to guess Birds. Feels like Apes are right out, but Birds seem to make sense and you could get some great divisions within them, from your Songbirds to your Raptors to your Mimics to your Carrion-eaters.

Comment

If there would be some Birds Kingdom, it need to be stated as been raided by previous Kingdoms of Cats that now are Monarchies of Mau. Today I was in my partner's parents house and his mother cat greeted us with small bird she killed and brought to her kittens - very proud of her deed and teachings younglings. Probably now Monarchies are above so much bloodshed - like from the end of Cats and Dogs War - but animosities and history should reflects Cats predatory instincts against Birds.

As to model of Birds Kingdom - I think best would be Medieval France - with many fiefdoms, divided by nobles - or some Haitan/Croel mix of indegious tribes with 'high European' cultures. Something like that. Birds are 'colorful', in the end.

LGBT+ in CoD games
                  Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                  Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330ā€“1453 A.D.)
                  Conquest of Paradise ā€“ Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                  My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

I'm just sitting here picturing the amazing hairdo my buffalo character could have.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoDefenestrate View Post
                      I would really love it if the currently defined Uplifted species were to get their own books. I feel like I'm getting kind of worried that it won't happen.
                      Well, you're going to be happy with at least one of our Gen Con announcements, then.

Comment

Iā€™d love it if there was a country modeled on Edo Japan to the degree Pugmire is on Feudal England, with Foxes and Racoon Dogs. Make corvids (Tengu) and turtles (kappa) the hostile outsiders.
                        Last edited by glamourweaver; 07-30-2018, 12:57 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

An undersea empire of fish. . .

Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, a United Space Federation IRC Star Trek Sim. New players are always welcome!

Comment

A mix of Hamsters, Armadillos and maybe some birds (Parrots, Toucans, Quetzal) and exotic amphibians (tree frogs, axlotl, etc), the society modeled mostly after Central and South American pre-Columbian native cultures, with a few colonial touches that would likely be close to a Spanish Creole version of what wyrdhamster suggested for the fiefdoms in his last post. I'd like that a lot.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red." - Clive Barker, The Books of Blood

Comment

In theory, I think ANY creature could be uplifted, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of homebrew uplifts cause someone at table X loves goldfish, and someone at table Y loves horses, and someone at table Z loves kangaroos.

Now that's all well and good and perfectly fine, and maybe in 10 years we'll have quite a few source books on other uplifts, and there will still be no reason not to have some custom uplifts at your table cause that's the game you want

I think it would be nice to know more about how the uplifts were chosen, but no need to put too fine a point of the mystery of the world either. not for some time at least. It could be some scientist or group knew mankind was on it's way out and had little time to preserve..., well, not "humanity" but intelligent life on earth and quick and dirty, started the Uplift of what was at hand, cats, rats, and dogs, and it took some number of generations and that's about all there is, but with some fallout that generated the monsters too. Or it could have been intelligence based, and pets, if not all those in the wild at least started uplifting once the cause was released, so new uplifts could always appear over time, and/or maybe in just certain areas.

Maybe old world zoos are isolated cosmopolitan communities?

I think pretty much anything could be uplifted, but if everything is uplifted, it's not gonna be as special being uplifted, but no reason it has to be just the dogs, cats, and rats that are known right now

Comment

Working...
                              X