Music of Mau

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music of Mau

As I'm slowly preparing lighthearted game of cats, I look for the musical inspirations for it. As I understand, Kingdom of Mau is Inspired by Renaissance Italy, at the dawn of 15th century, right? So maybe this era time music will be suitable for general themes? Also we need some good tunes for uncovering ruins of Old Ones ( i.e. Man) would be sought out by me.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

You thinking of mood music that you play while playing the game but isn't actually IN THE GAME, or old technology found in the game the characters can play?

Could be funny to get the dogs howling if you find something high pitched, or running and hiding under furniture if you played some heavy metal. Not to bash heavy metal, but you get the idea

Comment

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
      You thinking of mood music that you play while playing the game but isn't actually IN THE GAME, or old technology found in the game the characters can play?
      Both. 😎 Generaly I look for mood music - but as you mentioned using modern songs or tunes from 20th century as Old Ones 'relics' can be very interesting. 😁

LGBT+ in CoD games
      Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
      Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
      Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
      My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Been thinking about this, and could go on and on, but it comes down to the mood you want them to have. If they found a relic, it could be anything, but you also don't want to change the game, you want to add flavor

I would think no words, not full on classical, not the whole of jazz as it's a huge range of styles, nothing suddenly loud or jarring. smoother and gentil stuff is what would catch on. They could find anything, but any screamo-ish stuff would not get played except for study.

If they found instruments too, then some could be recreated and new works written, while the relic works could only be played for a limited time maybe until the batteries ran out or the last bit of power saved

So to me, this may be what a race of sentient cats may enjoy to relax. Never mind the title, or what it's from, just listen:

Comment

Working...
        X