No announcement yet.

Pirates of Pugmire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... big hats seem popular. Maybe I should add big hats to my sections, too.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
    Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

I added a dashing hat.

Matthew Dawkins
      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Oh! I could add an undersea Anemone Mine! The miners could wear hard hats! *checks word count* ...I’ll need to find a different way to add a hat.

Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams

Comment

I see Pirate of Pugmire are in Second Draft now - I start to be interesting...

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
            The real question is, will the big hat survive the redlines?

The big hat did indeed survive redlines.

Comment

Hats or no hats, this book is going to be fantastic.

Matthew Dawkins
              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Ugh, as a fan of the Realms and a guy who grew up obsessing over pirates I so cannot wait for this book.

Comment

So, with Pirates having launched, any word on what the new callings are?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Crusaders (dog; birds name it Troopers, lizards name it Dervishes) - kinda of a paladin/combat cleric sort of deal
                    Gundogs (dog, birds name it Gunners, lizards name it Shooters) - they like guns
                    Torpedoes (cat; birds name it Duelists, lizards name it Gunslingers) mix of guns and stealth
                    Mystic (cat; birds name it Soothsayers, lizards name it Magi) - spellcasters with a somewhat druid feel particularly as they relate to the sea
                    Alkalist (lizard) - alchemist/potion makers that focus on salt
                    Rimers (bird) bard style entertainers and cutthroats.
                    Last edited by Heavy Arms; 05-22-2019, 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                      Crusaders (dog; birds name it Troopers, lizards name it Dervishes) - kinda of a paladin/combat cleric sort of deal
                      Gundogs (dog, birds name it Gunners, lizards name it Shooters) - they like guns
                      Torpedoes (cat; birds name it Duelists, lizards name it Gunslighers) mix of guns and stealth
                      Mystic (cat; birds name it Soothsayers, lizards name it Magi) - spellcasters with a somewhat druid feel particularly as they relate to the sea
                      Alkalist (lizard) - alchemist/potion makers that focus on salt
                      Rimers (bird) bard style entertainers and cutthroats.
                      There's the temptation needed.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Speaking of the Kickstarter, for those looking for the link, here it is:
                        https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...pg/description

Comment

I wonder why this one isn't attracting people as quickly as the others did though. Monarchies and Pugmire both blew past $40k in their first day. Three days in and Pirates just hit $20k.

I mean, I get that the setting is somewhat more niche, but it's got plenty of player options and stuff. Two new playable races, six new classes. That's nerd candy, usually.

Comment

I've heard that there is a level of diminishing returns on any game line to be expected. While Mau wasn't fully a new line it was standalone. This is the first "big" book in the Realms that isn't a standalone game. Also might be that the new Species aren't as popular as pets as Dogs or Cats. I really don't know. As I've mentioned before I've generally been kinda nutty for pirates so I really can't figure out what's slowing people.

Gotta say, there was a moment where I was disappointed that the new Callings would be just using other Callings' knacks, but it was just a moment. As I started actually looking at how the new ones change up starting knacks it's actually really fucking elegant and the thoughts of what can be done with a Mystic as ship mage and navigator with Mancy to start and then Natural Explorer so they're never lost at sea. Or the fact that Torpedoes get Darkvision as a starting Knack? Only Calling to get that in the game as far as I can see.

Comment

Am I only one that think that Torpedoes should be renamed Assasin's ( Creed ) for this game?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                                I wonder why this one isn't attracting people as quickly as the others did though. Monarchies and Pugmire both blew past $40k in their first day. Three days in and Pirates just hit $20k.
                                While not the only factor? There's the lack of swag. If you assume most people that are going to back Pirates already backed Pugmire and Mau... they already have most of the extras Pirates is offering. No GM screen, new Knack/Spell cards, new Calling pins, new dice... it just lowers the average backer pledge. Pugmire and Mau both had average backer pledges of ~$60, while Pirates is at ~$55.

Mau also did see a fairly hefty drop off in number of backers despite still having plenty to open and finish strong.

I think it's just the nature of things. It's hardly unique to Pugmire for supplements to dip below the performance of the first book.

Comment

Working...
                                X