No announcement yet.

Pirates of Pugmire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would gladly throw more money for Monarchies of Mau Adventure of Excellent Cats that I wanted to buy either way.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

While not the only factor? There's the lack of swag. If you assume most people that are going to back Pirates already backed Pugmire and Mau... they already have most of the extras Pirates is offering. No GM screen, new Knack/Spell cards, new Calling pins, new dice... it just lowers the average backer pledge. Pugmire and Mau both had average backer pledges of ~$60, while Pirates is at ~$55.

Mau also did see a fairly hefty drop off in number of backers despite still having plenty to open and finish strong.

I think it's just the nature of things. It's hardly unique to Pugmire for supplements to dip below the performance of the first book.
      Eh. I guess. The thing is though, Monarchies had fewer backers overall, but on day one it actually had more backers than Pugmire did, and finished $8000 higher. I figured Pirates would've at least funded by day 2.

Comment

I appreciate that. I was just trying to point out some reasons to adjust expectations.

Ultimately, lets keep in mind that success is the project getting funded at the end of the Kickstarter, not how fast it gets funded, or how many stretch goals it meets. Pirates didn't boom at launch, that's fine. It just means if we want to help get it over the line, we should be positive in our excitement to watch it get there, rather than worrying about which arc the funding pattern followed.

Comment

I'm still interested what Strech Goals are looked for ( if we even hit those... ).

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
            I appreciate that. I was just trying to point out some reasons to adjust expectations.

Ultimately, lets keep in mind that success is the project getting funded at the end of the Kickstarter, not how fast it gets funded, or how many stretch goals it meets. Pirates didn't boom at launch, that's fine. It just means if we want to help get it over the line, we should be positive in our excitement to watch it get there, rather than worrying about which arc the funding pattern followed.
            See, thing is, the funding pace has dropped pretty precipitously so far. You're right that it only matters if it hits $40k, but at this point I'm concerned about whether it will. If the pace levels out to around $700-$1000 a day, I'll be confident of that. If it drops below $500, I'll be concerned. Momentum is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
              See, thing is, the funding pace has dropped pretty precipitously so far. You're right that it only matters if it hits $40k, but at this point I'm concerned about whether it will. If the pace levels out to around $700-$1000 a day, I'll be confident of that. If it drops below $500, I'll be concerned. Momentum is important.
              You are right - but we are still at about 1000$ per day now. Problem is that most funds go on from few days at start of Kickstarter and at the end - with week, two of lull in supports. In other KS it was always a drop in level of pledges, but still flowing - with this one looking like, I think it can even go to 0$ on that days.

We will see how it will go, but without some more incentives from OPP to pay larger sums for Kickstarter - like, I dunno, more PDFs bundles with adventures books or Canis Minor stuff for people to rise pledge - it maybe hard to hit 40k $, this time...
              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-25-2019, 01:13 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

We are almost 22k $ now - it's almost 2000 $ in one day. Maybe it will not be so bad, in the end...

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  We are almost 22k $ now - it's almost 2000 $ in one day. Maybe it will not be so bad, in the end...
                  Ehh, depends on how you count a day. I find it easiest to watch the Kicktraq chart. Ignore the projections, they’re meaningless.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/20...g/#chart-daily

Comment

The second backer preview is now up! I believe everything I wrote is in one or the other of those two previews.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                    Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
                    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Is it me, or Colossus Enhancement is a bit too low on CR cost? Should not be risen to CR+3 cost? Titanic Might and Daunting Size are more than enough for raising this costs, with how much they give to monster.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Is it me, or Colossus Enhancement is a bit too low on CR cost? Should not be risen to CR+3 cost? Titanic Might and Daunting Size are more than enough for raising this costs, with how much they give to monster.
                        You can always go and recommend a boost to CR for it on the feedback form. CR aside, what do you think of it?

Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
                          CR aside, what do you think of it?
                          Rather great, actually. I just have hard time imaging that Colossus Jellyfish would only be CR 2 being - it's just too much to kill in one go.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Rather great, actually. I just have hard time imaging that Colossus Jellyfish would only be CR 2 being - it's just too much to kill in one go.
                            I’m glad you like it. It went through some changes in second drafts, and I don’t believe I ever adjusted the CR, so you might be right about it.

Comment

Is it me, or do most of Treasures shown in PoP preview are negative to characters? Why PCs would look for items that give them only Cursed, Calling or Watched Conditions? Should not examples be more varied, to have more 'mixed bags' items? Notoriety do not seems to work in story logic when your Treasure only give you problems, not positives.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

We are at 32,5k $ now, with 10 days and average of 300-50$ per day, I'm worried we do not hit the main goal...

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/20...g/#chart-daily

Jetstream, Heavy Arms - What's your thoughts?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X