[Realms] Claws And Effect: Long-Term Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Realms] Claws And Effect: Long-Term Play

Eddy made very interesting post on how to make Pugmire and Monarchies of Mau longer games to play. For me, as Monarchies-Guide-To-Be, most alluring idea was 'reincarnation of previous characters', even if corebook states that 'Nine Lives' belief of Cats is false. I still have a problem with this solution.

On my literally last Werewolf: the Forsaken game one of PCs died-died - player said he do not want to 'revive with plot twist' the character. Now player prepare new PC. In Monarchies game, when Cat A dies, I would rather want the Cat B being reincarnation of Cat A. But I assume that Cats in setting are reaching adulthood in term of years, or even decades - like humans before them, yes?

If that is the case, we cannot simply state 'Cat A died, we end the story, move chronicle to few months later and Cat B is new kitten, with karmic destiny connection to Cat A', can we?

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Well I think the idea that Eddy is bringing up doesn't really correlate to the situation your thinking. The idea of resurrection is meant for when a chronicle is already finished and they want to continue, and what you are bringing up is when the chronicle is still ongoing not when it's already done. So yeah if a character dies in a game you can't really say you next character will be their resurrection. But when you finish that story and want to start a new one, yeah you can roll with that. So yeah take that idea when thinking about what to do when a chronicle is done, not when a character dies

Comment

A slight off topic - But does Pugmire or Mau points what time Dogs or Cats need to reach adulthood, from birth? Are they like 20 years, more or less, of humans? Or does it much shorter time, cause our real world pets reach adulthood in 1-2 years from just being kittens?
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-27-2018, 02:16 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Iceblade44 Correct -- I'm talking about moving from one party of characters to another in a new chronicle. (It's also one of the many reasons why my default is "reincarnation doesn't work.")

wyrdhamster Yes. P. 130 of Pugmire: "Dogs live to be around 40-50 years old. In general, a dog is a puppy until they are about 10 years old, a young adult until they are 15, an adult until they are 25, a mature adult until 35, and an old dog after 35. These are not hard-and fast ranges, however: A young dog with a mature outlook might be considered an adult even in her early teens, while a dog with a lot of gray in his fur might be seen as older than he is."

Mau info is on p. 142, for backers who have it already.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyfate View Post
          Yes. P. 130 of Pugmire: "Dogs live to be around 40-50 years old. In general, a dog is a puppy until they are about 10 years old, a young adult until they are 15, an adult until they are 25, a mature adult until 35, and an old dog after 35. These are not hard-and fast ranges, however: A young dog with a mature outlook might be considered an adult even in her early teens, while a dog with a lot of gray in his fur might be seen as older than he is."

Mau info is on p. 142, for backers who have it already.
          For now, I just assume that Cats live more or less the same time as Dogs - as real world pets live more or less the same long.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Returning to idea of Reincarnation for Cats mid-play - I still think it's doable, only with slight twist on the Reincarnation. All the time we assume that Cat B must be born when Cat A is dead - but what if it does not? What if old soul need to find body that is suitable and is just becoming adult to 'awaken' inside it?

By Mau corebook, cat's end being kittens and start being young adult at age 10 - Maybe the next reincarnation then enters suitable body, on cats 10th birthday, when they start to be adult? It's much more plausible chronicle scenario that older Cats A is switched for Cats B that just became adult. Cat B, on the night of it's birthday:'I had a strange dream about fighting the monsters and dagger in my back - what does it mean? I better consult my Minister on it...'

I will not hide I think here also about large chronicle idea based on the fact that in-setting, just last year died Trilliani Persian Von Mau, first Monarch of Unified Mau. And here soul needed to got somewhere...

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
            X