Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thundercats 2011 are PERFECT inspiration for Mau!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thundercats 2011 are PERFECT inspiration for Mau!

Thundercats 2011 seems PERFECT inspiration for Monarchies of Mau! It's fantasy about humanoid cats. It has Masterworks of old technologies! It has court intrigues! They are even other Animal Races in it's world! ( Beside maybe the rare guns and spaceships - this maybe too much for Mau. )

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-01-2018, 11:31 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    snip
    Ah, my (later) childhood returns.

Comment

Eh? I mean, sure, there are some strong similarities and it might be something to get some people in the mood... but perfect? Not really.

It would be like saying someone should watch the LotR and Hobbit movies to get inspired for D&D. There's plenty of stuff to get loosely inspired by, But playing a level 1 human ranger with the expectation you're going to be playing Aragorn is getting to disappoint you really, really fast, let alone playing a wizard and thinking you're going to be Gandalf.

--------

Also... wyrdhamster maybe like, a thread of "Share Cool ideas for Realms of Pugmire" or something rather than a new thread every time something strikes you? Since it doesn't really seem like you feel like discussing this rather than just sharing.... it would probably be easier to have a general thread of share-the-thing-you-found.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
        Also... wyrdhamster maybe like, a thread of "Share Cool ideas for Realms of Pugmire" or something rather than a new thread every time something strikes you? Since it doesn't really seem like you feel like discussing this rather than just sharing.... it would probably be easier to have a general thread of share-the-thing-you-found.
        To Hamster, I second this.

To Arms, hoo boy this fight.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
        Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
          It would be like saying someone should watch the LotR and Hobbit movies to get inspired for D&D. There's plenty of stuff to get loosely inspired by, But playing a level 1 human ranger with the expectation you're going to be playing Aragorn is getting to disappoint you really, really fast, let alone playing a wizard and thinking you're going to be Gandalf.
          Last time I checked my Pugmire corebook, in proposed Ready-To-Play Characters section is Princess Yosha Pug. So inexperienced royalty is very much in themes of Realms of Pugmire PCs. Especially in Mau, where you have at least 6 Great Houses and countless lesser ones in Shadow Block. And that for (real world) cats and dogs to have 6-8 children in a litter is not unheard of.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-01-2018, 12:46 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

My characters Callings assertion for this moment – take notice I use the hack shown in Pugmire that character can use Secrets from other Callings.

Lion-O – Champion, with powerful Sword of Omens Masterwork
            Cheetara – Wanderer, with one or two Secrets from Minister's list
            Tygra – Champion, with Whip of Invisibility Masterwork and small pistol Masterwork
            WilyKat and WilyKit - Footpads
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-01-2018, 01:39 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              Last time I checked my Pugmire corebook, in proposed Ready-To-Play Characters section is Princess Yosha Pug. So inexperienced royalty is very much in themes of Realms of Pugmire PCs.
              Great.. and Aragorn is an inexperienced noble too. The point is, you're not going to feel like you're playing Lion-O in Monarchies... refining his two Masterwork items (the Sword, Gauntlet/Armor of Omens) to replicate what they do in the show would, if we're being generous, take you to level 10 alone. Which isn't a very effective character.

That's the problem. The baselines of what characters can do is radically different. How powerful you can hope to get is radically different. The kinds of challenges you're going to face, etc. etc.

Can you pick from the Thundercats some basic character archetypes (that all existed before anyway) and group dynamics... but in the end you're not going to have a game that feels like a few episodes of Thundercats. It's going to feel like a game of Monarchies of Mau with an inexperienced noble warrior, his resentful brother that's not in line for the throne, his female bodyguard, etc.

Comment

One big differance between Thundercats and Mau and Pugmire setting - is that Lizards in TV series are working like the Badgers in Realms universe - i.e. they are 'barbarians' of the world. Lizards in the Realms are much more 'exotic traders from desert', not so 'warfare clans' as they are in Thundercats.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                X