Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pirates of Pugmire] Some Questions for Devs about Missing Stuff

So I got a couple questions.

Speed: What is the speed for Lizards and Birds? They say refer back to either Pugmire or Monarchies, but Cats and Dogs have different speeds. Dogs are faster on 4 feet. I don't think birds should have any increased speed at all as dropping to all fours is weird for birds. Lizards on the other hand should, but should they be as fast as dog or a cat? The document doesn't mention this at all.

Also, Background Knacks. There is none here. Furthermore, Pugmire gives Background Tricks; Monarchies, does not, but their 'background' knacks come from their Families. Compounding on this, the two new Backgrounds do not have any Background Knacks. So how do Lizards and Birds get background knacks?

Eddy's already said that we should hold off until the backer pdf errata pass at this point. Playtest feedback has been collected and is being worked into the editing process right now, so what's in the manuscript is already being adjusted and things like this should be getting addressed. We'll have another chance if they're not once things move forward.

Comment

Both of those were also mentioned on the feedback form already, so I’m sure Eddy will address them.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
      Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
      Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

From our real playtest - which we started yesterday - we base all the stuff on Mau, as we have only this corebook physical and go with logical answers from there, for now.

So Speeds are based on the cats Speeds of Mau - 30 ft on two, 35 ft on four legs - but I was wondering how fast Sparrows would fly. as one PC in party is this? Also on 35 ft. flying then? Are Turtles slower than other Lizards? ( That was actual question of my players. ) Some clear answers in final text here are bit needed.

Originally posted by MagusRogue View Post
        So how do Lizards and Birds get background knacks?
        Actually, those ARE in Pirates beta text - those Knacks are in Family / Neste Knacks section, pages 21 and 22 Preview 1:
        • Chameleon
        • Glide
        • Hunker Down
        • Slither
        • Soar
        • Spin
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-11-2019, 01:52 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          From our real playtest - which we started yesterday - we base all the stuff on Mau, as we have only this corebook physical and go with logical answers from there, for now.

So Speeds are based on the cats Speeds of Mau - 30 ft on two, 35 ft on four legs - but I was wondering how fast Sparrows would fly. as one PC in party is this? Also on 35 ft. flying then? Are Turtles slower than other Lizards? ( That was actual question of my players. ) Some clear answers in final text here are bit needed.

Actually, those ARE in Pirates beta text - those Knacks are in Family / Neste Knacks section, pages 21 and 22 Preview 1:
          • Chameleon
          • Glide
          • Hunker Down
          • Slither
          • Soar
          • Spin
          Those knacks aren’t background knacks. Those are the species knacks.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
          Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
          Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Those knacks aren’t background knacks. Those are the species knacks.

Right, those are only species knacks, which btw, are very lacking really, compared to the large amount of choices cats and dogs get with their houses/breeds. Lizards and birds seem kinda side characters in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
              Eddy's already said that we should hold off until the backer pdf errata pass at this point. Playtest feedback has been collected and is being worked into the editing process right now, so what's in the manuscript is already being adjusted and things like this should be getting addressed. We'll have another chance if they're not once things move forward.

I was merely asking suggestions until the next round comes out. I don't think cats should model bird speeds at all, as the thought of birds getting on all fours was... well... kinda silly.

Comment

Originally posted by MagusRogue View Post
                Right, those are only species knacks, which btw, are very lacking really, compared to the large amount of choices cats and dogs get with their houses/breeds. Lizards and birds seem kinda side characters in comparison.
                Pirates are sourcebook, not new corebook in the lines. From what I got in interviews of Eddy, Pugmire and Mau are proper games in Realms universe - rest of species are just small add-on. Think of it as ( nWoD ) Chronicles of Darkness 1E - we have whole game line Werewolf the Forsaken. And we have only one sourcebook for all the other were-something Changing Breeds. Werewolf is gameline, Changing Breeds are just supplements. Same here - Pugmire and Mau are gamelines, Pirates is just supplement.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                X