[Mau] Nine Lives - Reincarnation in play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mau] Nine Lives - Reincarnation in play

This topic I want to focus on cats Nine Lives belief - and it's repercussion to game if assumed to be true ( even if it's assumed on default to be only cats belief, not the fact of Realms Pugmire world ). Mau corebook puts cats Reincarnation as optional rule - but we had two blog posts about situation where it is game fact - Nine Lives in May & Long-Term Play.

So if Reincarnation is fact in you game, how would it work in mid-play? That is - one Cat A is dead, rest of party lives. What happen to player and soul of Cat A?

By Mau corebook, cat's end being kittens and start being young adult at age 10 - Maybe the next reincarnation then enters suitable body, on cats 10th birthday, when they start to be adult? It's much more plausible chronicle scenario that older Cats A is switched for Cats B that just became adult. Cat B, on the night of it's birthday: 'I had a strange dream about fighting the monsters and dagger in my back - what does it mean? I better consult my Minister on it...'

I will not hide I think here also about large chronicle idea based on the fact that in-setting, just last year died Trilliani Persian Von Mau, first Monarch of Unified Mau. And here soul needed to got somewhere...

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games
Working...
X