Realms of Pugmire Inspirations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realms of Pugmire Inspirations

Your's inspirations for world of Realms of Pugmire - dog kingdom of Pugmire, cat Monarchies of Mau, great Acid Sea and other lands. Point yours works of culture and say why they resonates with universe of RoP.

I start with Dark Crystal – Age of Resistance. If we take Skeksis as crows ( they look and act as those ) and Gelflings as hairless cats ( they look as those and have 7 Great Houses ). World of Thra looks so alien as Earth in eons after Man ( see all those strange creatures in there!). It’s a beautiful fantasy – just take it for ideas. And remember – never trust bird…. eee, Skeksis!

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

My second proposition, especially for Monarchies of Mau, are Thundercats cartoon from 2011 year. It's fantasy about humanoid cats kingdom. It has Masterworks of old technologies of humans that works as magic for Uplifted! It has court intrigues! They are even other Animal Races in it's world! 😎 Cats are more or less like in Mau, Lizards here are 'barbarians', not the Badger Tribes. Fishes are Desert Sea pirates. And Birds are floating in great magical fortress city in the skies. Cartoon work great - maybe beside the cars and spaceships, this could be too much for Realms world - but who knows what Man left, in the end! We have separate topic only for Thundercats.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-08-2019, 05:23 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

For the Pirates of Pugmire and adventures on Acid Seas - I recommend Captain Claw video game about cat pirate!

Here all the cutscenes! ( So you do not need to play it, if you don't want. )

LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I was pointed by fellow fans for this as possible Realms of Pugmire creations stories. Now it's on my must read/listen list! Some sum up of book:

'Simak's "City" is a series of connected stories, a series of legends, myths, and campfire stories told by Dogs about the end of human civilization, centering on the Webster family, who, among their other accomplishments, designed the ships that took Men to the stars and gave Dogs the gift of speech and robots to be their hands.'

'City' on Goodreads

Topic it as RoP setting inspiration - is here

LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

There is dark new cult in Monarchies. Deviant groups of Cats want to summon Unseen demon possessing Dog incarnation, foretelling end of all of Animal Races. Who will stop them? Maybe your new litter of adventurers?

Yes, it's chronicle idea loosely based on psychodelic video game about lone Cat fighting Satan's Dog - PUSS! ( See it on Steam - You had been warned. )
          Picked original materials from the game for inspirations.

Cerberus - Demonic Chihuahua! ( First Boss fight )

Whole topic for this idea as chronicle - here

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Anime from famous Ghibli studio...

Cat Returns - Neko no ongaeshi ( 2002 )
            Haru, human school girl, saves cat and is 'kidnapped' to the cats kingdom. She is to marry prince of cats - can she survive in the lands of furry intrigue?

LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams (of Watership Down fame).

Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Secret of NIMH for Squeks in the Deep

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                  Secret of NIMH for Squeks in the Deep

It was definitely one of my inspirations!

Comment

Biomutant video game looks like a prequel to Realms of Pugmire! Like 500 years before the books described Realms. They are even 6 proto-Kingdoms, like in history of Mau!

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-04-2021, 03:45 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Isle of Dogs (2018)

I keep pondering the idea of trying to adapt Lady & The Tramp into a Pugmire story.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                      X