Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else REALLY excited about Legendlore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else REALLY excited about Legendlore?

I haven't listened to the podcast yet. Can anyone summarize it for me?

Sing me a song of a lass who is gone
    ​Say could that lass be I...

​Theme song from Outlander

I'm also excited for this game/D&D setting.

I will translate for my quick Legendlore sum-up in Polish FB group I wrote...

'Interview about D&D 5E based game where you play normal humans transported to fantasy world where they become heroes, with change of race ( or rather 'people', as here are described fantastical species ) or getting muscles or magic in your alter ego. Think here about 80s D&D cartoon or Chronicles of Narnia where ordinary mortals ends in realms like those. Setting is based on the comic series, available on DriveThru. Game makes sure that all skin colors or sexualities are options for it - even are made all possible elven subraces reflecting Earth's humans skins - so you can remake, truly, anyone you like to play as. ❤️ There are no constant bonuses from 'people' - only are cultural bonuses. North lands are cold, difficult, and people there are trading a lot - so characters from there take bonus to CON or CHA, regardless of their people. There is also adoption - you can play halfling ( equivalent ) raised by elf and dwarf marrige - and you choose who's bonuses you inherit. And if those do not fit - you can take bonuses from you Class. 😎

https://onyxpathcast.podbean.com/e/e...ore-deep-dive/
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-01-2019, 11:00 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I love it!!!

Thank you ​ (no heart emojis on this forum lol)

Comment

I'm very excited about Legendlore. I was already intrigued thanks to how well they managed Realms of Pugmire, but after the podcast I was like, "I need to get this day one."

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
        Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
        He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Definitely

I know Arthur Ashe was a tennis player. What does that quote mean?

Comment

The idea of playing a modern day person of our world transported to a fantasy world sounds AWESOME!!

I do wish it was in a classless system but 5e is awesome so its okay.
            Last edited by LordHeru; 11-02-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

LordHeru definitely. Really excited.

Comment

As a person who's happy on how they handled did things with cultural bonuses I am pretty interested in how classes are like specifically warlock and monk.

Comment

The cultural bonus idea sounds great. And I love playing warlocks.

Comment

From what I've heard, only thing I'm sad on is no Half Elves. They've been my favorite for quite a while and the lack is disappointing.

Comment

Penelope The line is a link, but it's a quote from Ashe translated into First Tongue from Werewolf: The Forsaken.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                      Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                      He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Amazing. Like Elvish in Tolkien.

Comment

Soooo I realized that I was operating under the assumption that the people transported from our worlds now know that they have rpg like elements in their lives. (Like in the genre called LITRPG, of which i am a fan of.) While I hope this might be true, as I think about it, I realize I am probably off.

But that said, anyone else think it would be cool if the characters themselves knew their mechanical stats. Like they could say in-game, in-character "My HP is at 10." hehe

Comment

I’m definitely interested as well. I’m hoping there will be some notes in the GM section for dealing with PCs who try to use their modern knowledge and maybe some notes on why this world is still at a pseudo-medieval technology level (assuming they are anyway).

...That said, I do hope that the Devs and authors on this project read over a bunch of series in the “portal fantasy” genre just to make sure they aren’t hitting any troublesome tropes. Especially since it became this huge thing in Japan with the Isekai genre (it’s gotten to the point where it feels like half of the new anime and manga are Harem series, half are Isekai, and the only reason we have anything else is because there are plenty of Harem Isekai series out there).

Comment

Yay for Legendlore excitement!

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                              Soooo I realized that I was operating under the assumption that the people transported from our worlds now know that they have rpg like elements in their lives. (Like in the genre called LITRPG, of which i am a fan of.) While I hope this might be true, as I think about it, I realize I am probably off.
                              The comics have a character (I forget which one) explicitly say "wow, this is like a D&D world!" so yeah, you can absolutely come in with rpg knowledge. Not quite the same as meta-knowledge that you have 10 HP and a +2 to hit though XD.

Originally posted by BrilliantRain
                              I’m hoping there will be some notes in the GM section for dealing with PCs who try to use their modern knowledge and maybe some notes on why this world is still at a pseudo-medieval technology level (assuming they are anyway).
                              It's because the Realm operates on the Laws of Magic and Alchemy rather than the Laws of Physics. So their (for example) electricity =/= our electricity and therefore doesn't always work the same.

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Working...
                              X