They Came from Beyond the Grave!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

And never happened to find the Shrimp boy?

Jokes apart, I never think about the cities in books as real cities, even the cities I have visited. Like, finding that one candy store you grow up is completely unimaginable to me, but it happens... interesting.
    Made out with him at the amusement park after we both had a slice of shrimp pizza lol (they really do serve that at the pizzeria next door)

But seriously. I was amazed. It’s not that big of a town and most people have never heard of it, plus I was amazed that the candy store I used to love was still around back in the Fifties.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Interesting is how are Ghosts and other immaterial threats done in Beyond the Grave - Ghosts have Might and Stamina 0 and they pay for their powers and interactions with their Health. Of course, they can also regain Health by doing some things...
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-14-2020, 02:27 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I love Beyond The Grave for joking about the prudish society of the 1970s West. (And I suppose modern Poland. 😉) 'Devil Worshipers come in many forms, from the erudite gentleman in a crimson cloak to the rock enthusiast leading our children into sin. Sin! Turn away from Blue Öyster Cult while you can! ' Blue Öyster Cult as messengers of Satan! 😃😄😁
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-15-2020, 02:28 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Hunted House stats

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            Hunted House stats

😂😂😂😂

I still have to read my preview

Comment

I read the preview. I liked the Monsters, especially the Devil Worshipper (I know guys and girls like that), and I thought it was cool that Dracula got his powers from The Devil Himself, but I wish the Settings part had included more specific detailed locations and ideas instead of just generic sets (like I liked how in TCFBTS they made Joseph Stalin a superintelligent zombie).

Also, in the sample character creation chapter they made a big deal about tying the two games together, and I was disappointed they didn’t follow through with that in the setting chapter.

Comment

One more thing

You guys were probably just making fun of Seventies pop culture, but Blue Cheer’s not a Satanic band. I read about them in a history book one time. They were a REALLY sucky acid rock band, so bad they were famous for it. Maybe you meant Blue Oyster Cult?

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  I read the preview. I liked the Monsters, especially the Devil Worshipper (I know guys and girls like that), and I thought it was cool that Dracula got his powers from The Devil Himself, but I wish the Settings part had included more specific detailed locations and ideas instead of just generic sets (like I liked how in TCFBTS they made Joseph Stalin a superintelligent zombie).

Also, in the sample character creation chapter they made a big deal about tying the two games together, and I was disappointed they didn’t follow through with that in the setting chapter.
                  But are there Blackulas? Because I don't want to live in a 1970s horror movie world without Blackulas.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

No lol. No Blaculas.

Comment

Seriously though, it's weird title aside, Blackula is a pretty solid classic-style (ie pre-80s) vampire movie. It's up there along side the classic Hammer Horror films, Kolchak the Night Stalker, the Ira Levin trilogy of Rosemary's Baby, The Stepford Wives, and The Boys from Brazil, and Marvel's Tomb of Dracula series on the list of stuff I hope this game can do.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                        Seriously though, it's weird title aside, Blackula is a pretty solid classic-style (ie pre-80s) vampire movie. It's up there along side the classic Hammer Horror films, Kolchak the Night Stalker, the Ira Levin trilogy of Rosemary's Baby, The Stepford Wives, and The Boys from Brazil, and Marvel's Tomb of Dracula series on the list of stuff I hope this game can do.

I'm a fan of Blackula! Francois Mamuwalde even shows up in Chicago by Night.

Matthew Dawkins
                        In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

I'm a fan of Blackula! Francois Mamuwalde even shows up in Chicago by Night.
                          True. I like the interpretation of Mamuwalde in CbN.

Comment

We hit the third monster collection stretch goal, yay!

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                              We hit the third monster collection stretch goal, yay!
                              Woohoo! And we've passed 1000 backers!

Matthew Dawkins
                              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

And we backed the gameline project! There will be Beyond the Grave corebook, Monsters from the Crypt! a PDF supplement of additional antagonists and opponents, Tales of Depravity - a PDF supplement of spooky scenarios for this game - and Enter a World of Horror PDF supplement which will have six ready-to-go characters allowing you to jump into a game right away!

LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X