Legendlore Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legendlore Kickstarter

As Legendlore is announced to have Kickstarter in 2 days, at March 12th, let's start discussion about the coming game.

What do you hope for this d20 5E game to be or have? I only hope there is something more to it that 'we are taken to the Realm' and 'we are most inclusive D&D-like iteration system'. ( Even if those things are great and made me interested in the first place in it. )

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

D&D Cartoon Intro that is based on the same idea as Legendlore...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one. My group and I really enjoyed the demo Travis ran at Pax Unplugged. It's still 5th Edition but the changes made it very cool. We played it like Jumanji, most of us ending up in different bodies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by karpomatic View Post
        It's still 5th Edition but the changes made it very cool.
        What were changes from basic 5E, more or less? I take it was demo of beta of game, but some highlights would be good to 'sell' it to other RPG gamers to support it.

Originally posted by karpomatic View Post
        We played it like Jumanji, most of us ending up in different bodies.
        Question to me comes one - Could you later swap bodies between yourself? I remember this kind storyline in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle from 2017.

LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          What were changes from basic 5E, more or less? I take it was demo of beta of game, but some highlights would be good to 'sell' it to other RPG gamers to support it.
          I don't recall any rule changes. I was speaking of the setting. It's high fantasy but the people of the Realm know of the ones who cross over from "Earth" with weird tech like cell phones and watches.

Question to me comes one - Could you later swap bodies between yourself? I remember this kind storyline in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle from 2017.
          No, not like that. When you're transported to the Realm, you can approximate yourself as a D&D character or change it however you want. In the demo, I made my PC a Dwarven barbarian. I'm actually 6' tall and not prone to violence so I had it be like my new body was letting something out that I would keep hidden. A little violent man. The Jumanji part came in as I was using some Kevin Hart lines from the movie. I was looking for the 2 feet of height I had before we were transported.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

Comment

Where is the kickstarter?

Comment

Legendlore Kickstart is here!
              https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sy-roleplaying

LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Chapter 1 – Welcome in East Azoth - Interesting is how some parts of fantastical world of Realm are based on the thing from Earth. Like Othaaris, main goddess of good and fire, is based on Buddhism and there are rumors she was Wanderer. ( Did not term for people coming from Earth to Realm was Visitors? )

LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Sum up of the information we have from 1st Preview of Legendlore:
                  1. Game use term People, not Races, on playable options. Beside Tolkien People standard we get Pixies as small wood spirits. Attribute modifiers are cultural, not inherited. Dwarf risen by Trolls will have their modifiers, not those of Dwarves. Humans have Modifiers from their kingdom background.
                  2. In game you embrace You as character. But you can choose You as from alternative timeline – Other You. It’s basically meaningless change in my optics, as if I can change anything I like about myself, it ends ‘random Earth character coming to Realm’, in practice. It surely can easier going for new players – ‘Just imagine yourself in fantasy’ – but in the long play this change is making you play anyone you like, only that very crumbly, it looks more like you. Legendlore imply even that if you character die, if you cannot do not want for classical ‘I bargin with demon’ or ‘look for spell of resurrection’ – you can return as Other You version of character. It has logic in this setting, it’s just… it feels to me like ‘50th Bards’ from Dorkness Rising web series joke…
                  3. In Legendlore you get Legend as splat – instead Background of D&D, apparently – where you choose what destiny awaits for your character. Examples are: Avatar of Peace, Bane of Ardonia, Caln of Stone, Regent of Dragons, Suzerain of Blossoms. Legend has most other implications – it gives you Legend Points ( I will short them to LP from now on ) that replace basic D&D 5E Inspirations mechanics. LP can be collected individually or communally for whole team. They can be spend on Advantage on rolls or narratively, to make small positive twists or adding supporting NPC to the scene. Think more or less of them as Fortune from Realms of Pugmire games – Pugmire and Monarchies of Mau. Your Legend points what things you need to do to get LP. Also, Legend implies what People and kingdom likes you, as you are naturally similar to their philosophies.
                  4. You Cross to the Realm with your technology and have something like 15-20% it will work on the other side. As Visitors from Earth come for the centuries in this world – and main goddess maybe one of them – there are whole items, buildings and communities that sustain something from Earth. Examples is shown of the plane in the woods. Or that you can meet Allies looking for Nazis from 1940s.
                  And that’s all we got to know from this Preview. Second one seems to imply there will be Classes of the Legendlore in it. Text of first implied that there are Alchemists in it, at least.
                  Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-12-2020, 11:28 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

What does the game introduce to represent your transported from Earth origin? I’m not super following what’s distinct here from normal 5E high fantasy, except a character background concept that from what I’m hearing don’t appear to affect the mechanics in any way I can’t run out of the normal 5e book.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      What does the game introduce to represent your transported from Earth origin? I’m not super following what’s distinct here from normal 5E high fantasy, except a character background concept that from what I’m hearing don’t appear to affect the mechanics in any way I can’t run out of the normal 5e book.
                      glamourweaver. we do not have many mechanics for now in Previews - we got Legend mechanics and People splats. And small frame about technologies coming from Earth. Rest was setting info. Something concrete we will probably get's in Preview 2 - at least Classes will be there.

LGBT+ through Ages
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I admit I am incredibly ignorant about 5E - I gather I need the Players Handbook in order to play.
                        But I fail to find a place where I can purchase it as a PDF? Do WotC really not sell it as PDF?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulTheCorax View Post
                          But I fail to find a place where I can purchase it as a PDF? Do WotC really not sell it as PDF?
                          It's because Wizards are putting Basic Rules PDF for free on their site - it's de facto D&D PHB without graphics.

Here it is - https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/d...Rules_2018.pdf

There is also e-platform of D&D with corebooks packs, but I'm not sure is this PDF of PHB - https://www.dndbeyond.com/marketplac...ayers-handbook
                          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-13-2020, 07:35 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

So I will be fine with the free version? Thank you for that information.

Comment

glamourweaver. we do not have many mechanics for now in Previews - we got Legend mechanics and People splats. And small frame about technologies coming from Earth. Rest was setting info. Something concrete we will probably get's in Preview 2 - at least Classes will be there.
                              Ok, I’ll check back after that comes out

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                              X