No announcement yet.

Onyx Path should do a steampunk game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the focus of Trinity Continuum is Aeon (altho it's on the 3 main and original settings), I think the name Trinity could be used to point the 3 sources of power (it was not, but definitely could be...).

But as you asked, I would expand it to another Allegiance: Pharos is probably around because there are references to his presence since the 1800s.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      Honest question - If you would do Steampunk Trinity Continuum era, what would be Aeon Society connection? Aeon Soc. is created in 1920s, if I remember correctly...
      Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Hmm. Interesting question. I think part of it would depend on exactly how Mercer's powers work and what their limits are. If it's possible for him to travel to any period - or alternate continuity - in which a Flux type event has happened, then it's not inconceivable that at some point he showed up and established a version of Aeon. Alternately, if he can't do that, then it's possible that there might have been some sort of "lost" organization that predated Aeon, one that Mercer or others might have had family ties with.
      Maybe in Steampunk Era there was something like first shot on to what would become stable Aeon Soc. in 1920s? You know, 'failed experiment'? It's basically idea of Leauge of Extraordinary Gentelmen of Alan Moore, that is predecessor to modern Justice League.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Honest question - If you would do Steampunk Trinity Continuum era, what would be Aeon Society connection? Aeon Soc. is created in 1920s, if I remember correctly...
        As one of the settings we know that they’d like to do is Ancient Greece, I don’t think “the Aeon Society needs to exist” is a requisite for a Trinity era.

That said, Max is a time traveller, so him creating retroactive predecessor groups could happen.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I'm currently poking at ideas for a mid-19th century Steam Fantasy setting I'm referring to as Perfidious Albion. Generally, I've split the island of Britain - or in this word Albion - into a number of rival kingdoms who are all in a perpetual state of rivalry/Cold War that plays itself out in a Great Game of political, economic and social intrigue. There is magic in this setting, but it's kind of a low key sort of thing. There are fey folk, but I'm not sure what sort of form they'll take. There may be vampires, I'm not sure yet. Visually, it looks very much like an anime.
          I only really have two kingdoms conceptually developed. The fist of the Kingdom of Gloriana, which is basically London/the Home Counties, the Southeast and East England areas. It's a Constitutional Monarchy traditionally ruled by a Queen as far back as the rebellion against the Caesarean Empire millennia ago. Visually it's very brass & leather steam tech mixed with Victorian romance, though there is a class structure and all that. The urban areas are fairly high tech while the rural parts are fairly Hobbit Shire like. Its matriarchal traditions involve a certain level of gender equality. Generally a "green and pleasant land".
          The the other one, to the north of Gloriana, is the Workers' Republic of Mercia, encompassing the Midlands and the souther parts of the North West. This nation is a lot more steam punk, its current government the result of a workers' revolt about a century ago. It's highly industrialized, a bit Dickensian, and a lot dirtier and rough around the edges than its Southern neighbor. Its traditional culture is a little more patriarchal (owing somewhat to medieval Thule invasions) but the government's ideals include equality under the law. Visually, they're a lot more tarnish and rivets, with a lot of smoke.
          To the immediate west of Mercia are the Faerie Marches, a still wild and untamed region populated by somewhat strange people and even stranger creatures and magic, which separates Mercia from the realms of Elfydd. Elfydd will have at least two or three kingdoms, at least one of which will have a lot of Arthurian overtones.
          I only have a vague conception of the rest of the island. As far as "England" goes, Cornwall and the rest of the southwest are probably part of the same kingdom as the southern part of Elfydd/Wales (Monmouth and Glamorgan). Yorkshire and the Northeast, along with the north part of the Northwest, are probably the fourth kingdom.
          Beyond that is the lands of Caledonia to the North. It will have at least four or five kingdoms. And werewolves.

And beyond Albion are the various kingdoms/nations of Hibernia, Gaule, Alamannia, Thule and Hesperia.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            In practice, Steampunk is a meaningless word thrown around by a comfortable majority looking for excuse to swageer in the attire and thoughts of a overly romanticized time while still feeling like they're sticking it to their parents.

I'm quite done with that and want my punk fiction to actually be punk. Not the mayopunk I've been seeing churned out in the last decade.
            Yeah everything you seem to despise is pretty much what I meant by "steampunk", except for the stick it to your parents part (what does that have to do with sticking to your parents?) . I mean steampunk the way us plebs mean it. Just a stylistic fantsy genre. I couldn't care less about the punk aspect.
            Last edited by K9ine; 04-17-2020, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by K9ine View Post

Yeah everything you seem to despise is pretty much what I meant by "steampunk", except for the stick it to your parents part (what does that have to do with sticking to your parents?) . I mean steampunk the way us plebs mean it. Just a stylistic fantsy genre. I couldn't care less about the punk aspect.
              Steam Fantasy. What you want is Steam Fantasy. Any punk you want is Mayopunk.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

K9ine There's a difference between sticking to something, and sticking it to something.

He/him

Comment

Working...
                X