Dystopia Rising - Alternates to Momentum in Power Use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dystopia Rising - Alternates to Momentum in Power Use

Soo, the question for this thread is exactly what the title says - does anyone have any ideas for an alternate power activation system for psychic and faith edges rather than Momentum. The idea of restricting players from using their powers based on both a common pool of points and the agreement of the other players does not sit well with me, at all. So I want to change that.

An idea could be to give each Psychic/Faith person a number of Power Points equal to either their edge rating or twice it, which means a max of either five or ten, with it refreshing a certain amount of time (be it session or less).

I don't know what I would wnat to replace it with but I can say that I really really do not like the fact that Momentum is used as the energy for psychic or faith edges. Like at all.

Maybe you could cause a stun condition that lasts for a while (until the end of the scene, or until shaken off (like non letal damage) and stacks for multiple uses. Instead of spending momentum you can cause this condition for each momentum that would be spent.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      Maybe you could cause a stun condition that lasts for a while (until the end of the scene, or until shaken off (like non letal damage) and stacks for multiple uses. Instead of spending momentum you can cause this condition for each momentum that would be spent.
      Not a bad idea. Though it does mean I need to once again focus my attention on fully getting the whole not actually damaged yet still damaged damage system. hehe

Comment

It would not be a damage, but a condition that increase the difficulty of any action by 1 due to the mental fatigue. The character shake it off by spending a round and testing Integrity+ Resistance (or another skill that would be mental training, on the attribute could be social or Mental), each success reduce the difficulty increase by 1.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
        X