Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Beyond the Grave] They Came From Camp Murder Lake!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing's for sure: you'll be seeing Terry O'Quinn's Stepfather in this book...

Matthew Dawkins
    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

oh I wonder if some of the more weirder holiday slashers will show up. You know slashers fit holidays like halloween and christmas. but thanksgiving??? that would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
        oh I wonder if some of the more weirder holiday slashers will show up. You know slashers fit holidays like halloween and christmas. but thanksgiving??? that would be fun.
        The Turkey Carver!

Matthew Dawkins
        In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

I am so excited about this, I cannot put it into words.

I am a huge fan of 80s slashers. I own the entirety of Hack/Slash, played extensively BOTH Friday the Thirteenth games, and have an expansive slasher movie collection. I even liked the AHS 1980s homage despite it being the worst series.

I am especially eager to see how they handle the archetypes of the period.

I liked SLASHERS by Chuck Wendig but I felt he made them too serious and missed the inherent cheese the way V:TM didn't with vampires.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

The Arborist.You will respect the trees, or you'll be firewood!
            Coming this Arbor Day.

Comment

I watched Bloody Birthday last week, but I'm not sure a movie about psychopathic 10 year olds killing people is good game fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                I watched Bloody Birthday last week, but I'm not sure a movie about psychopathic 10 year olds killing people is good game fodder.
                While I don't think Children of the Corn fits a 80s slasher mold would be a fun campaign to work in

Comment

While I don't think Children of the Corn fits a 80s slasher mold would be a fun campaign to work in
                  That's true, but then again directors like Tobe Hooper and John Carpenter also went on to direct Stephen King adaptations. The King's boom and the golden age of slasher movies happened roughly at same time and helped each other thrive. I'd say there's enough correlation to have fun with it, if you want

(And I suspect They Came From Beyond the Grave! offers all the tools to do so, especially once From Murder Lake! happens)
                  Last edited by Cinder; 10-08-2020, 01:01 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

oh god King would be a god mine for both Grave and Murder Lake! The Shining, Salem's Lot, Maximum Overdrive! lol!

Comment

oh god King would be a god mine for both Grave and Murder Lake! The Shining, Salem's Lot, Maximum Overdrive! lol!
                      They Came From Maine More Often Than Not!

Jokes aside, it's a great source of inspiration.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

I watched The House on Sorority Row last night, and I think it would make good inspiration for a one shot. Have the characters kill off the house mother right before the game starts, and then let them avoid the slasher long enough to figure out who it is and get help.

Comment

I watched The House on Sorority Row last night, and I think it would make good inspiration for a one shot. Have the characters kill off the house mother right before the game starts, and then let them avoid the slasher long enough to figure out who it is and get help.
                          That would be a good advisoraly campaign. kinda like Dead by Daylight or what ever. have one player be the slasher and the others try to figure it out.

Comment

Either they're really demons in disguise (which transform into monsters so the PCs can kill them without murdering children) or they're possessed or something. But yeah, your game requiring the PCs to kill children probably wouldn't be good.

Or they have to catch the kids without killing them or something.

Comment

I mean I think if everyone is fine with it and understands its just a game then fighting psychopathic 10 year olds could be fun in a more campy not super duper serious game. though it would have to be agreed upon by the whole group.

Comment

I will note that I hope this sourcebook is successful enough that others in a similar vein might be considered. One about the old Universal Horror films would be pretty cool.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                                X