Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Beyond the Grave] They Came From Camp Murder Lake!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Cinder View Post

Over-the-top title, out of place yet stylish font, vivid contrasting colors, knives, eyes, and screaming people?

Yeah, I can see it. Amazing indeed!
    I just assumed it'd be a pair of gloves coming for a young woman.

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

The cover treatment for a giallo horror game could be amazing.
    Over-the-top title, out of place yet stylish font, vivid contrasting colors, knives, eyes, and screaming people?

Yeah, I can see it. Amazing indeed!

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Cinder View Post

Not exactly Giallo, but I can say that Mario Bava's Black Sunday (in Italy that's titled "The Mask of the Devil", it got really butchered in other countries) pops up in my mind quite often when it comes to TCFBtG!

But yes, a proper Giallo supplement would be cool, from Deep Red to Suspiria and The Beyond.
    The cover treatment for a giallo horror game could be amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
    I would personally like a source book on some Giallo type movies. Lets do some Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci!
    Not exactly Giallo, but I can say that Mario Bava's Black Sunday (in Italy that's titled "The Mask of the Devil", it got really butchered in other countries) pops up in my mind quite often when it comes to TCFBtG!

But yes, a proper Giallo supplement would be cool, from Deep Red to Suspiria and The Beyond.
    Last edited by Cinder; 10-21-2020, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    I would personally like a source book on some Giallo type movies. Lets do some Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci!

I'm a big fan of Giallo and have run a couple of Beyond the Grave! sessions in the Italian exploitation style. Would it warrant a sourcebook? Hmm. I'll think on it.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    I will note that I hope this sourcebook is successful enough that others in a similar vein might be considered. One about the old Universal Horror films would be pretty cool.
    I can certainly hope!

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    I will note that I hope this sourcebook is successful enough that others in a similar vein might be considered. One about the old Universal Horror films would be pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    I mean I think if everyone is fine with it and understands its just a game then fighting psychopathic 10 year olds could be fun in a more campy not super duper serious game. though it would have to be agreed upon by the whole group.

Leave a comment:

• johntfs
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    I watched Bloody Birthday last week, but I'm not sure a movie about psychopathic 10 year olds killing people is good game fodder.
    Either they're really demons in disguise (which transform into monsters so the PCs can kill them without murdering children) or they're possessed or something. But yeah, your game requiring the PCs to kill children probably wouldn't be good.

Or they have to catch the kids without killing them or something.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    I watched The House on Sorority Row last night, and I think it would make good inspiration for a one shot. Have the characters kill off the house mother right before the game starts, and then let them avoid the slasher long enough to figure out who it is and get help.
    That would be a good advisoraly campaign. kinda like Dead by Daylight or what ever. have one player be the slasher and the others try to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    I watched The House on Sorority Row last night, and I think it would make good inspiration for a one shot. Have the characters kill off the house mother right before the game starts, and then let them avoid the slasher long enough to figure out who it is and get help.

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    oh god King would be a god mine for both Grave and Murder Lake! The Shining, Salem's Lot, Maximum Overdrive! lol!
    They Came From Maine More Often Than Not!

Jokes aside, it's a great source of inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    oh god King would be a god mine for both Grave and Murder Lake! The Shining, Salem's Lot, Maximum Overdrive! lol!

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    While I don't think Children of the Corn fits a 80s slasher mold would be a fun campaign to work in
    That's true, but then again directors like Tobe Hooper and John Carpenter also went on to direct Stephen King adaptations. The King's boom and the golden age of slasher movies happened roughly at same time and helped each other thrive. I'd say there's enough correlation to have fun with it, if you want

(And I suspect They Came From Beyond the Grave! offers all the tools to do so, especially once From Murder Lake! happens)
    Last edited by Cinder; 10-08-2020, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X