Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Beyond the Grave] They Came From Camp Murder Lake!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    This book must be mine.

So, interestingly, there's kind of two phases of the slasher genre. The first is totally human killers - the first five Friday the 13th films, the first two Halloweens, and the numerous films that copied them (and arguably back as far as the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre or even Psycho) - while the second wave is largely supernatural killer monsters - Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th with part six and beyond, Childs Play, etc. IIRC, @1984, with the release of Nightmare on Elm Street, was the main dividing line.
    Strangely, I find myself wanting to try using this to try and do something where you take the supernatural killer concept and adjust it to 1970s technicolor gothic sensibilities. Like if there were an episode of Kolchak the Night Stalker where he's investigating something akin to Michael Myers and discovers there's a Satanic cult behind it all. Sort of like Halloween part 6 if it were only mildly campy rather than just flat out terrible. Or if the original Friday the 13th was set in the mid 70s and the plot was "woman uses the Necronomicon to raise her drowned child from the dead and have him kill the camp staff."
    This actually sounds really cool. I can’t wait to read the Kickstarter.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    This book must be mine.

So, interestingly, there's kind of two phases of the slasher genre. The first is totally human killers - the first five Friday the 13th films, the first two Halloweens, and the numerous films that copied them (and arguably back as far as the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre or even Psycho) - while the second wave is largely supernatural killer monsters - Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th with part six and beyond, Childs Play, etc. IIRC, @1984, with the release of Nightmare on Elm Street, was the main dividing line.
    Strangely, I find myself wanting to try using this to try and do something where you take the supernatural killer concept and adjust it to 1970s technicolor gothic sensibilities. Like if there were an episode of Kolchak the Night Stalker where he's investigating something akin to Michael Myers and discovers there's a Satanic cult behind it all. Sort of like Halloween part 6 if it were only mildly campy rather than just flat out terrible. Or if the original Friday the 13th was set in the mid 70s and the plot was "woman uses the Necronomicon to raise her drowned child from the dead and have him kill the camp staff."

Leave a comment:

• eddyfate
    replied
    They Came from [REDACTED]!

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by eddyfate View Post
    I was pretty happy with my title (which is not Camp Murder Lake -- that was all Matthew).
    What was your title? *pretending I don’t know it’s a book that is not in the list yet*

Leave a comment:

• eddyfate
    replied
    I was pretty happy with my title (which is not Camp Murder Lake -- that was all Matthew).

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    The idea is a book with some rules in forms of Cinematics, Stunts and Quips to set the game in the Slasher feeling, and will have some setting, with no basic rules (last part is what I get from the supplement term). But so far that’s all I know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X