Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Beyond the Grave] They Came From Camp Murder Lake!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Beyond the Grave] They Came From Camp Murder Lake!

New Beyond the Grave supplement was announced, about 80s Slashers flicks! 'They Came From Camp Murder Lake! This is the first sourcebook supplement for any of our They Came From…! game lines, and is a version of They Came From Beyond the Grave!. It’s just started in First Draft stage so I can’t spoil too much, but if you haven’t guessed, this is the sourcebook for playing in the 80s teen slasher flick genre.

Meanwhile, Matthew and I have been playing with and finalizing ideas for the upcoming new They Came From…! game line for next year. During our Monday Meeting today, we got a fantastic idea from Eddy for the title of this one – which we really needed as Matthew and I just could not find the right words. It is a truly evocative title now, I gotta say! For those of you following along at home, this is not the Western genre one that has been batted around, as we decided that we needed a different approach for our third game in the series. As much as I love my Westerns.'

Source - http://theonyxpath.com/demigod-demigone-monday-meeting-notes

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post

Wikipedia considers it one.

Maybe we'll see It Came From Down Under!?
    That would be a very niche game!

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Oh definitely. I don't know if Wake In Fright is considered Ozploitation, but it left a mark on me.
    Wikipedia considers it one.

Maybe we'll see It Came From Down Under!?

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    There are some really fun Ozploitation movies which might be worth a small supplement. Probably a good Storypath Nexus book idea.

Oh definitely. I don't know if Wake In Fright is considered Ozploitation, but it left a mark on me.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    There are some really fun Ozploitation movies which might be worth a small supplement. Probably a good Storypath Nexus book idea.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    I mention a World Guide type thing for Beyond the Grave, but it also occurs to me that such a thing would also be pretty interesting/useful for Beneath the Sea as well. The 1950s aquatic monster genre in Japan, for example, would be kind of easy to guess at, but it would be interesting to see how that sort of thing would or did play out in places like Australia, Britain, Brazil, Mexico, India, and what have you.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    There is the NWE! book coming out for Trinity Continuum which might scratch that itch for you, No One.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
    J-Horror would be good. Its very different from western horror and would lend itself to a film horror type game. I haven't seen to much mexican horror, maybe some badly dubbed vampire films from the 60s so I can't really comment on those.
    I'll be honest, I would personally help finance a Beyond the Grave sourcebook about Mexico and Mexican horror just to have rules for masked wrestlers fighting monsters, because I am that kind of dork.

El Santo vs. Blackula would be awesome. Search your feelings; You know it to be true.

(It does occur to me that some sort of Beyond the Grave Companion or World Guide that looked at 60s and 70s horror trends/genres/film cultures around the globe and how to do them in BtG would be really cool. Chapters for the Italy, Mexico, the UK, Japan, Hong Kong/Taiwan, and so forth. Maybe also some of the regional differences for places like New England, New Orleans, Toronto and the like. And perhaps a look at some of the specifics of Blaxsploitation horror.)
    Last edited by No One of Consequence; 10-23-2020, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Hmm. Classic Universal of the 30s (and part of the 40s and 50s). Italian Giallo.

I'd suggest classic British horror, but I suspect that the main game will already be delving into that quite a bit. Maybe Mexican horror films. Or J-Horror.
    J-Horror would be good. Its very different from western horror and would lend itself to a film horror type game. I haven't seen to much mexican horror, maybe some badly dubbed vampire films from the 60s so I can't really comment on those.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Hmm. Classic Universal of the 30s (and part of the 40s and 50s). Italian Giallo.

I'd suggest classic British horror, but I suspect that the main game will already be delving into that quite a bit. Maybe Mexican horror films. Or J-Horror.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I used a Argento meets A Nightmare on Elm Street poster homage for one of my books. Because this sort of book is my jam.

https://i.imgur.com/QOv83Rq.jpg
    I like that cover I may have to look that book up.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Cinder View Post

Honestly, one of the antagonists for such a supplement has to be a pair of murderous floating leather gloves.
    I used a Argento meets A Nightmare on Elm Street poster homage for one of my books. Because this sort of book is my jam.

https://i.imgur.com/QOv83Rq.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I just assumed it'd be a pair of gloves coming for a young woman.

Honestly, one of the antagonists for such a supplement has to be a pair of murderous floating leather gloves.

Leave a comment:

• zee PaTrick
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
    Oh god what would be the title? They Came From Across the Ocean/ They Came From the Dark?
    They Came From Technicolor Terror

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

I'm a big fan of Giallo and have run a couple of Beyond the Grave! sessions in the Italian exploitation style. Would it warrant a sourcebook? Hmm. I'll think on it.
    I would say so. They did kinda inspire the American Slasher films of the late 70s to 80s. Plus its slightly different as Giallo films are not always about supernatural elements. So I am all for a Giallo sourcebook. lets hop abroad the Italian psychological horror film genre express!

Oh god what would be the title? They Came From Across the Ocean/ They Came From the Dark?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X