[Pugmire/Mau] Other Settlements of Dogs & Cats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pugmire/Mau] Other Settlements of Dogs & Cats

Do Dogs and Cats have other settlements throughout the world? Or are the areas around the Fearful Forest the only cities and towns of our fine furred friends?

Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, an Non-Affiliated, Live-Action Star Trek Discord Sim. New players are always welcome!

I advise to look over WHOLE Realms of Pugmire map, made by fans from Fans of Realms of Pugmire FB group. It has all the locations from official materials - plus some new small addition.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-29-2021, 04:49 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Oh rad! Thank you so much! :^)

Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, an Non-Affiliated, Live-Action Star Trek Discord Sim. New players are always welcome!

Comment

Much of the Realms are deliberately left vague to give storytellers as much flexibility as possible - so that answer’s going to be different in every chronicle. But as some food for thought…
        - Pugmire and the Monarchies as described as learning how to sail the acid sea very recently; it probably hasn’t been long enough for their kingdoms to found a colony.
        - House Smilodon had settled beyond the Northern mountains, and was overwhelmed by demons, implying that further inland is extremely dangerous.
        - When speculating about how Uplifted were created by humanity in the Guide section, it talks about gradual alterations in intelligence and communication for specific (and public) purposes…. At the point that technology is used for disability assistance training, it would probably be available all over the world.

So my head cannon is that, yes, there are other pockets of Uplifted (probably even Cats and Dogs), but they aren’t related to the kingdoms we know and haven’t made contact with them yet.
        This could make a great hook for pirate-explorers… or even for players to discover ancient texts that allude to other kingdoms in the world, sparking bold missions to venture to lands unknown.

Second Chance for
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_709_1572548741915_354[/ATTACH]
        A Beautiful Madness

Comment

Officially as in "what the books say," there is no reference to any other settlements outside of the area presented.

Officially as in "what's in Eddy's head," there are definitely other settlements cut off from this civilization. I don't yet have any plans to dig into them, because as Seraph Kitty mentions, I want to give Guides as much flexibility as possible to shape the world to their own ends (such as with the lovely map up top). But at least one of the ideas I have is very different.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyfate View Post
            Officially as in "what the books say," there is no reference to any other settlements outside of the area presented.

Officially as in "what's in Eddy's head," there are definitely other settlements cut off from this civilization. I don't yet have any plans to dig into them, because as Seraph Kitty mentions, I want to give Guides as much flexibility as possible to shape the world to their own ends (such as with the lovely map up top). But at least one of the ideas I have is very different.
            For whatever it’s worth, I don’t think digging into a specific example or two that are notably different in anyway would limit guides. On the contrary it would likely help spark their own ideas for other locals and cultures.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Thanks for your opinion!
              Last edited by eddyfate; 08-04-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X