Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[They Came From Beneath the Sea] Weapons in Jumpstart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [They Came From Beneath the Sea] Weapons in Jumpstart?

I know from Trinity Continuum that weapons carry an Enhancement value, but there are no weapon stats listed in the jumpstart. Am I missing something?

Host of The Deliberative Podcast
    Host of Trinity Continuum Airwaves
    Original Creator of the complete nWoD conversion of Fantasy Grounds 2

While both are based in the Storypath system, TCF uses a much more free form use of enahncements and tags than TC, so they are not 100% compatible as is.

Worth comparing the injury system of each.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Well, there are just no weapons listed at all in the jumpstart, nor any way given to even think about how they may work. Yet the players are definitely likely to get in some combat. If the injury system worked like Trinity, it would almost be no problem, since minor characters have only one injury condition: taken out. But in this jumpstart, the primary monster has 9 health boxes. It seems like weapons would need SOME KIND of enhancement value just to keep combat from going a hundred rounds.

Comment

I am quoting myself here to say “Worth comparing the injury system of each.”

The injury system is different, 9 health boxes in TCF is not the same as 9 health boxes in TC.

The idea of TCF is that weapons changes your attack, changing the kind of damage or adding extra effects to the system. A good weapon may add an enhancement, or even more, but it’s not mandatory.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

We just skipped combat entirely because it was unplayable given the information provided in the jumpstart.

Comment

We didn't include weapon tags in the Jumpstart because it's a condensed system chapter. In the Jumpstart, it doesn't matter what weapon you're using: it's extra successes that add extra damage (with the appropriate Stunt on p.19). For the full section on weapon tags, you'll want to check the core book.

Line Developer: Scarred Lands

Comment

In the actual book, does a pistol do more damage than a punch? In other words, does it have a higher enhancement, or maybe a different Scale, like in Trinity?

I do plan on getting the core book at some point, because I did enjoy the game immensely, but I am curious as to the particulars of this iteration of the Storypath rules.

Comment

Weapons and Armor use tags in a fashion similar to those found in other Storypath games.

Line Developer: Scarred Lands

Comment

Working...
                X