No announcement yet.

Pugmire Story Hooks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something miraculous has happened, a Man has returned to our world in the living, breathing flesh! Word of their existence has spread as far as possible in a world that no longer has access to telephones and internet communication. Everybody, especially the Dogs are looking to this god-like being to lead them to further prosperity and enlightenment.

Unfortunately, this Man is a completely average citizen who couldn't even begin to explain how most of the ancient technological marvels were created, much less how they work. Their spiritual and intellectual capabilities fall way, way below the hype that everybody has placed upon them and this knowledge could very well cripple the views of Man for generations to come if the secret were to get out. Fortunately, the Church of Man understands the situation and has taken this Man in for protection, of which you are part of the security force. Your job is to protect the Man from those who would see them harmed and avoid exposing their less than exemplary knowledge to the public!

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
      Nobody listens to Old Dog Chester. Why should they? He's crazy. To this day, he insists that he crawled down a Rat tunnel in a mountainside, and discovered a vast Rat civilization. Supposedly, this "Rat Haven" had millions of Rats living peacefully together, building Toys for Man knows what purpose. Chester thinks they are planning something horrible. Everybody laughs. Some ask him to describe these Toys, laughing all the while. Others just bark at him to go away. Nobody takes his fears seriously. Everybody knows that Rats are just grubby scavengers, living off the filth discarded by more civilized individuals. Sure, you get a few bizarre cultists, but other than that, they're just a bunch of pests, right? Now, you and your pack are looking at a complicated Toy taken from the bag of a Rat traveler that pissed off the wrong Cat. The Toy is perfectly sized for Rat paws. Could Old Dog Chester have been right all along?

(Rats are extremely intelligent even without being uplifted, so it seems only natural to me that uplifted ones could have quite an impressive society.)
      Someone else gets how awesome rats are!

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Someone else gets how awesome rats are!
        Indeed. I can chatter about rats for hours, but I'd hate to derail this thread with rat stories.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
        Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
          Something miraculous has happened, a Man has returned to our world in the living, breathing flesh! Word of their existence has spread as far as possible in a world that no longer has access to telephones and internet communication. Everybody, especially the Dogs are looking to this god-like being to lead them to further prosperity and enlightenment.

Unfortunately, this Man is a completely average citizen who couldn't even begin to explain how most of the ancient technological marvels were created, much less how they work. Their spiritual and intellectual capabilities fall way, way below the hype that everybody has placed upon them and this knowledge could very well cripple the views of Man for generations to come if the secret were to get out. Fortunately, the Church of Man understands the situation and has taken this Man in for protection, of which you are part of the security force. Your job is to protect the Man from those who would see them harmed and avoid exposing their less than exemplary knowledge to the public!
          Twist: He may be useless on explaining how to create man's miracles, but he and his ancestors preserved many records of Man's history in an archive somewhere deep in badger territory and would be happy to guide a group of good dogs to it.
          Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 04-22-2017, 07:30 PM.

My Savannah Setting can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules can be found here

Comment

Working...
          X