Looking Forward To The Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Forward To The Game

The excerpts about this game have greatly tickled my planetary romance bump. It sounds damn good Hope to see it finished and available as a PoD as soon as possible!

Thank you!

Rose Bailey
    Onyx Path Development Producer
    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Will there be a map of Mars? This being the thing I missed having while reading Burroughs' Barsoom series.

Comment

What's is the system for Cavaliers, I saw Wushu during quickstart is it still the same?

Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

Comment

Originally posted by Rhebeqah View Post
          Will there be a map of Mars? This being the thing I missed having while reading Burroughs' Barsoom series.
          There will be a map. We're working on it right now!

Originally posted by KingCarnival View Post
          What's is the system for Cavaliers, I saw Wushu during quickstart is it still the same?
          The final system will be a relative of Wushu.

Rose Bailey

Comment

How much fiction history/culture/etc beyond what's in the Apprentice's Tale might we hope for? Say for example, the religion(s) of Martian society?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              How much fiction history/culture/etc beyond what's in the Apprentice's Tale might we hope for? Say for example, the religion(s) of Martian society?
              This is something I am rather interested in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                Religions get a chunk of the People and Places chapter, including the Church of the Damsel Messiah, the Mystery Cults of Vance, and the Fire-Priests of Surtur.

History is sketchy. The core book is very much focused on the now of the setting: what the cities are like, what remnants of past civilizations remain, how you negotiate with a two-headed beast of burden that speaks to itself in riddles to carry your cargo.

Rose Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

There will be a map. We're working on it right now!
                  How closely will CoM's geography map to real-life Mars? Will astronomy fans be able to easily familiarize themselves with the fictional terrain, or only recognize a few of the planet's most prominent features? (Or will the game's geography be entirely fictional)?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

How closely will CoM's geography map to real-life Mars? Will astronomy fans be able to easily familiarize themselves with the fictional terrain, or only recognize a few of the planet's most prominent features? (Or will the game's geography be entirely fictional)?
                    When Audrey and I did the original map, we sat down with a list of stuff we needed and a map of real Mars and put the two together. There are also elements of the geography inspired by reality. For example, the Wyeth rainforest inhabits part of Mariner Valley, and Hell's Basin, where dust storms stir up ghosts, is on the site of Hellas Basin.

A lot of it's entirely fictional, though, like the glass deserts of the Prismatic Wastes, or based on debunked beliefs about the planet, like the Cydonian monuments of Chiaro and of course the canals.

Rose Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

When Audrey and I did the original map, we sat down with a list of stuff we needed and a map of real Mars and put the two together. There are also elements of the geography inspired by reality. For example, the Wyeth rainforest inhabits part of Mariner Valley, and Hell's Basin, where dust storms stir up ghosts, is on the site of Hellas Basin.

A lot of it's entirely fictional, though, like the glass deserts of the Prismatic Wastes, or based on debunked beliefs about the planet, like the Cydonian monuments of Chiaro and of course the canals.
                      Perfect, that's exactly the kind of balance I was hoping for!

Technically if there's still water there probably shouldn't be a Valles Marineris yet (or if there is it should be much smaller than it is today), but that's not something most people would know, and rule of cool blows science way out of the water on that point anyway.

Are the volcanos still active?
                      Last edited by Charlaquin; 08-29-2015, 02:46 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                        Are the volcanos still active?
                        Some of them, yes.

Rose Bailey

Comment

In a unrelated but still sort of somewhat related note, today for some reason i can't quite guess thoughts of Barsoom-esque adventure and strangeness amidst the silvery wastes of the Endless Desert and some sort of crossover Cavaliers and Exalted has been slowly creeping into my mind...

Comment

Working...
                          X