Forum name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum name

I have no doubt that Onyx Path is going to end up developing more original games besides Cavaliers and Pugmire, and this forum's name is already pushing the edge of reasonable length. At the same time, I understand not wanting to call it "Miscellaneous Games" or anything else that implies that is a catchall for games that don't fit anywhere else. But maybe you could call it something like "Onyx Path Originals"?

And then, as the games get published, they could get subforums of their own…

S'wrong with stupidly long names?

Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

http://northernfoxgames.com/

Comment

A) Like all our other forums, we create them as needed. There's no requirement that says we have to keep everything consigned to a single forum forever.

B) Pugmire and Cavaliers of Mars are creator-owned properties. While Onyx Path is publishing them, they are not Onyx Path games, so "Onyx Path Originals" would be very misleading. Perhaps misleading in a legally actionable sense.

Right now, Onyx Path owns the Trinity Continuum, Scion, and co-owns the Scarred Lands. Pugmire is owned by Eddy Webb's Pugsteady, and Cavaliers is owned by Rose Bailey.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager
      Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

Quite informative clarifications - thanks a lot, Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
          A) Like all our other forums, we create them as needed. There's no requirement that says we have to keep everything consigned to a single forum forever.

B) Pugmire and Cavaliers of Mars are creator-owned properties. While Onyx Path is publishing them, they are not Onyx Path games, so "Onyx Path Originals" would be very misleading. Perhaps misleading in a legally actionable sense.

Right now, Onyx Path owns the Trinity Continuum, Scion, and co-owns the Scarred Lands. Pugmire is owned by Eddy Webb's Pugsteady, and Cavaliers is owned by Rose Bailey.
          So if OPP doesn't own Pugmire or Cavaliers of Mars, why're they on the forum?

Not that I'm complaining, just curious.

Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

http://northernfoxgames.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The Revenge of TV Head View Post
            So if OPP doesn't own Pugmire or Cavaliers of Mars, why're they on the forum?

Not that I'm complaining, just curious.
            OPP also doesn't own either World of Darkness. They publish them.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
              OPP also doesn't own either World of Darkness. They publish them.

What about Orpheus?

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                What about Orpheus?
                I don't know about that, but I'm guessing since it's not on the list Ian just posted of things OPP owns, they probably don't own it.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Gotcha.

It seems like they could just revive White Wolf's Arthaus subsidiary with the stated goal of giving writers and developers a place to share their independent wares.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    I don't know about that, but I'm guessing since it's not on the list Ian just posted of things OPP owns, they probably don't own it.
                    They don't; but I believe they’re licensed to publish pertaining to it as part of their classic World of Darkness deal, seeing as how Orpheus is part of the classic World of Darkness.

Comment

We license all tabletop game lines of both WoDs and Exalted from CCP. We own Scion, the Trinity Continuum, and are partnered with Stewart Wieck's Nocturnal Media in owning Scarred Lands. We are partnered in different ways with the creators of Pugmire and Cavaliers of Mars. So these are _all_ games we are or will be publishing and thus we have places on our forums to talk about them.

Comment

Are the legal status of those latter New World of Darkness lines developed from the start under the Onyx Path banner (take Demon: the Descent for example) the same as Vampire: the Requiem and Werewolf: the Forsaken?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

As part of the World of Darkness, yes, those fall under the World of Darkness IP which CCP owns.

Ian A. A. Watson
                          Onyx Path Community Manager
                          Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

Working...
                          X