[Pugmire] Monarchies of Mau

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pugmire] Monarchies of Mau

Is there anything known about this land/game? I'm much more cat person and base dedication to the dogs in Pugmire is the biggest problem to enjoy the whole idea of animal which inherited the world after humans.

Sidenote: Yes, I'm a Werewolf ST also, but it's very different. Wolves are cool, dogs... Let just give me cat's suplement game.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies and System Hacks Hubs
    WtF 2E - My Lodges and System Hacks Hubs
    WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Cats aren't evil, but they do think of Man as having been subservient to their ancestors (as cats are wont to do), and possess an infinitely more individualistic and fractious culture (one character says they have seven words for betrayal...but this character is also noted to be a near-habitual borderline-liar, so it's probably more like "seven words for doing things behind another's back, and only two of them count as a serious broach of trust"). They're necromancers, but it's not because they have no respect for the dead, it's just that they see the dead and invisible as a quality of being, and figure out how to treat with them as a matter of opportunity.

Much as how dogs hate badgers and their allies, cats have rodents-which is to say, the local variety of Skaven. The dominant faction in rat society is the Cult of the White Mice, who go closer to Man by invoking Their test subjects and acting as Man's proxies in Science. The sample cult trooper has an ability that inflicts debilitating pain on whoever he's attacking. Do the math.

Comment

Necromancers, "pirates" cats hunting Mices working Science! Oh hell yes!

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-29-2016, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
        Much as how dogs hate badgers and their allies, cats have rodents-which is to say, the local variety of Skaven. The dominant faction in rat society is the Cult of the White Mice, who go closer to Man by invoking Their test subjects and acting as Man's proxies in Science. The sample cult trooper has an ability that inflicts debilitating pain on whoever he's attacking. Do the math.
        Depends on how you read "all of civilization" - me, I read it as not the Cult being the dominant faction in rat society, but as the Cult being pervasive throughout uplifted territory.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Wait...will there be options to eventually play rats and mice?
          Just asking for...reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mental-Mouse View Post
            Wait...will there be options to eventually play rats and mice?
            Just asking for...reasons.
            I expect not before cats and weasels.

It should be easy enough to houserule, at least after felines/mustelides become availiable. Vanilla D&D has smaller races and fans have codified rules for them soon enough. It should be easy to adapt.

The speed really depends on how soon do NPC Rodents become availiable.

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

Wait...I could also end up playing a Weasel?

-Quietly Kickstarts-

Comment

Hmmm.....I wonder if there aren't still breeds of Cats that aren't complete a-holes. Maine Coon Cats, which appear to be descended from Norwegian Forest Cats IIRC, are certainly more "dog-like" in that they aren't generally as flaky as other cat breeds. Checking Wikipedia, the Manx and a few other breeds also qualify as "dog-like", so hopefully there will be options down the road to play other domesticated animal types (Cats, Raccoons, Foxes, Mice/Rats).

Comment

Originally posted by Craftmason Bob's Cousin View Post
                  Hmmm.....I wonder if there aren't still breeds of Cats that aren't complete a-holes. Maine Coon Cats, which appear to be descended from Norwegian Forest Cats IIRC, are certainly more "dog-like" in that they aren't generally as flaky as other cat breeds. Checking Wikipedia, the Manx and a few other breeds also qualify as "dog-like", so hopefully there will be options down the road to play other domesticated animal types (Cats, Raccoons, Foxes, Mice/Rats).
                  Most of the more strongly domesticated breeds, like ragdolls, cornish rexes, maine coons, etc. are pretty sensible if you cater to their needs. I say this as an owner of a ragdoll for 3 years when I previously had experience owning tortoiseshell cats and siameses. The difference in personality is amazing.

I'd be pretty surprised if those kinds of placid breeds weren't still around in the far future.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftmason Bob's Cousin View Post
                    According to Eddy, Monarchies of Mau will be in the same world as Pugmire, and compatible with it, but it's not going to be a Pugmire supplement. It's going to be its own game. (Cats play differently from dogs, after all.)

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

more like vampire the requiem to werewolf the forsaken. I'd definitely allow cross overs. Myself? I think playing a wolverine would be pretty rad. Imagine a wolverine with relic claws...

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

Originally posted by Xenesis View Post

Most of the more strongly domesticated breeds, like ragdolls, cornish rexes, maine coons, etc. are pretty sensible if you cater to their needs. I say this as an owner of a ragdoll for 3 years when I previously had experience owning tortoiseshell cats and siameses. The difference in personality is amazing.

I'd be pretty surprised if those kinds of placid breeds weren't still around in the far future.
                        I suspect its more a matter of culture and to a lesser extent biology of course Dogs think all cats are assholes.. they don't understand Cat culture at all. A cat would say "A dog does not understand loyalty or love they give it to anyone and anything and never feel it as deeply as a cat." Dogs make friends easily and quickly, cats love fewer but more intensely. Dogs think cats believe humans served cats, cats know the truth it was a partnership because humans were bad at so many things(like hunting!) its was all a fair exchange and then they left and now we don't care because its not like we care about them.. baka humans..

Comment

Originally posted by Mental-Mouse View Post
                          Wait...I could also end up playing a Weasel?

-Quietly Kickstarts-
                          This is basically the closest thing we are ever getting to a Redwall RPG... so yeah. I'm expecting we'll eventually see a lot of different types of animals become playable.

CofD booklists:
                          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                            I'm expecting we'll eventually see a lot of different types of animals become playable.
                            Onyx Path presents...

World of Zoo, new and engaging roleplaying games universe of various animals with shared metaplot!

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Onyx Path presents...

World of Zoo, new and engaging roleplaying games universe of various animals with shared metaplot!
                              Did you ever get a chance to read Redwall Hampster (I only ask since I'm not sure which countries it did and did not get published in). Pugmire strikes me very strongly of that aesthetic, which I suspect is totally intentional.

CofD booklists:
                              Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Working...
                              X