No announcement yet.

[Pugmire] Monarchies of Mau

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've mentioned lizards. They are supposedly a nomadic race of desert traders. Think like the Khajit from the Elder Scrolls series. They aren't playable yet, but have been described in the early access pdf as one of the other uplifted animals.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post
      They've mentioned lizards. They are supposedly a nomadic race of desert traders. Think like the Khajit from the Elder Scrolls series. They aren't playable yet, but have been described in the early access pdf as one of the other uplifted animals.
      Excellent. The second they get written up, I'm getting the game.

Comment

I just backed the kickstarter and read through the early access pdf, and I was thinking about Redwall the whole time. I admit that I was a little sad that badgers seemed more 'roaming barbarians' than 'Badger Lords of Salamandastron', but I'll get over it. I'm excited for any and all supplements for this line, the whole thing is just simultaneously cute and intensely compelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacepup View Post
          I just backed the kickstarter and read through the early access pdf, and I was thinking about Redwall the whole time. I admit that I was a little sad that badgers seemed more 'roaming barbarians' than 'Badger Lords of Salamandastron', but I'll get over it. I'm excited for any and all supplements for this line, the whole thing is just simultaneously cute and intensely compelling.
          Send a roaming missionary out there to teach the badgers the Code of Man; only all they take from him are the rudiments of civilisation. Now one big bad badger wants to build himself a barony

"The phrase 'flies on the heads of pins' appeared 43 times in that journal, sometimes in the middle of sentences or written in the margins."

Comment

You know gecko, once the main book comes out and there's more info on their culture, I see no reason you can't just house rule stats for em. I can't imagine them being so drastically different from dogs.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrics Of War View Post
              You know gecko, once the main book comes out and there's more info on their culture, I see no reason you can't just house rule stats for em. I can't imagine them being so drastically different from dogs.
              ...lizards are somewhat different from dogs.

But as someone who's had lizards and has spent probably too much time researching them, I definitely expect I'll be doing some tweaking to properly represent my beloved scaly snoot children.

Comment

So Geckopirateship, do you dislike the Reptiles Are Abhorrent trope then?
                That one and the "All Cats are Mean" trope are way too prevalent in media at times.
                And I often wonder if the media depicting these tropes were made by people who have never had cats or reptiles as pets...

TV tropes has a lot of resources you can use as inspiration with the "Lizard Folk" and "Somewhere a Herpetologist is Crying" tropes.
                Just like with the cats, Andre Norton's books and short stories should be checked out.
                And I've always been a fan of crocs and gators (Thanks to Leatherhead from the Archie TMNT comic books). As well as way long ago, I remember the Iguanas that my babysitter had. Chameleons are always awesome and I love their personalities.

I do think that the next book setting after the Monarchies of Mau, would be the Rats/Mice/Rodents just due to how many RPG books and novels there are on the concept alone. I could see the Reptiles first before the Fish get a setting book, though.
                Last edited by Laughing Hyena; 03-14-2016, 06:44 AM.

Rage CCG Collector and Artist. Visit the Rage CCG Forums.

Comment

I actually have had a cat and she was pretty damn mean. My german shepherd on the other hand is a real delight to have. Well worth the 1000$ i spent (they come in white!)

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

I've known eight cats well. One was a real bastard, the rest were nice. I've had more bad experiences with dogs.

Comment

its called pugmire of course the emphasis will be on dogs but hey cant please everyone

Comment

Side note: Check out the Kickstarter (if you're a backer) or the blog tomorrow (if not). We announced something interesting about the Monarchies of Mau at Gen Con.

Comment

Working...
                        X