stats for humanesque monsters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stats for humanesque monsters?

watching films like the descent got me thinking. What if a good church loving dog finds, deep in a cavern, the last remaining vestiges of mankind. Devolved into cavern dwelling blind monsters. What manner of stats would creatures like that have? Not only that, but the cultural ramifications on races of intellectuals that idolize the "what came before."

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Well, since Pugmire is based off D20, you could always pillage stats from D&D degenerate humanoids. Tweak their stats and abilities to whatever purpose you needed.

If any Dogs did discover humans, devolved to primal beasts, they'd probably try to keep a lid on that. They'd also attempt to rationalize them as being what happens to those Men who fell from divinity. Fallen angels, essentially. Anything that dismisses their existence as fringe cases, not indicative of Man as a whole. Perhaps even as an object lesson, that such is the same that could happen to Bad Dogs who follow in the footsteps of Bag Men.

On the whole, though, I'm wary of introducing actual humans into the game. Man is meant to be this distant progenitor, a figure of myth and legend. Larger than life beings who bent the world to their Will. Beings who are to Dog what God is to Man. Any number of rumors could be spread of Man still being around, but the instant you have one show up, the mystique is lost.

Comment

Yeah that whole idea goes hand in hand with a corrupt church of man that actually knows the truth and is keeping said lid on it. Including inquisition hounds.

Comment

What if they were actually mutated chimpanzees?

Comment

that might be fun. I hadn't thought of that. I don't have stats for chimps but I can make that work. I'd imagine them to be amongst the uplifted races though. Maybe something more like Micheal Criton's Congo?

Comment

Working...
          X