Good Pre-built adventures for adapting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Pre-built adventures for adapting

I'm looking at running a playtest game for my friends (we backed the kickstarter together), except I'm rather busy. I had the idea that it might be fun to adapt a classic D&D module (Keep on the Borderlands, In Search of the Unknown). I'm wondering if anyone else had the thought and if they thought it was a slightly insane idea. I like the fact that a lot of those old dungeon crawls had a great sense of exploration, which I think works well in Pugmire.

Thoughts?

I would go with old classic the Village of Hommlet, that is simple but quite open and full of possibilities when it comes to mix-&-match, replay, homebrew and other stuff. Much the same might be said about Hollowfaust, City of Necromancers, though i guess that one might better fit on Cavalier of Mars than Pugmire, but as i'm not that familiar with the later, i could be completely wrong. The Slave Lords series could be of interest too. Anyway, yes, old school D&D can certainly offer inspiration material for quite different games and settings.

Comment

I'm in the process of running my group through the original Ravenloft module.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyfate View Post
        I'm in the process of running my group through the original Ravenloft module.
        Pugs vs. vampires! My wish came true!

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
        Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Working...
        X