Redmire/Pugwall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redmire/Pugwall

With Pugmire dealing with anthropomorphic animals imitating Man, there is a book that recently came to my mind. Brian Jacques' "Redwall" series, to be precise. Now, while "Redwall" at least hints at human civilization at some points, the other books do not do that (correct me if I'm wrong on that account, though, I have not read them all), so the general Scenario of Pugmire cannot be applied to it. I'm still wondering, though, if its possible to adjust the game a little bit to make something along the lines of Redwall possible. Maybe even include the location(s) in the game.
    Any thoughts?

As far as I can recall... there were no dogs in the Redwall Series. Ever. There might have been one or two cats...

Anyway, I think Pugmire's engine could be used for a Redwall-like game, and you could use any parts of the setting that aren't overly dependent on Man. But if you're going to look for any game to be a Redwall emulator, I'd suggest Mouse Guard first.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

At first, Brian Jacques wrote the Redwall books as taking place in our world, just with the animals having their own world hidden from ours. Later he decided that the setting should be a totally separate universe.

Now, as for a Redwall RPG, you can try Mouse Guard or Woodland Warriors, which is basically Redwall with enough changes to it to satisfy copyright laws.

Comment

Originally posted by semicasual View Post
        As far as I can recall... there were no dogs in the Redwall Series. Ever. There might have been one or two cats...

Anyway, I think Pugmire's engine could be used for a Redwall-like game, and you could use any parts of the setting that aren't overly dependent on Man. But if you're going to look for any game to be a Redwall emulator, I'd suggest Mouse Guard first.

There may not have been dogs, but there were foxes and possibly some wolves. The whole Redwall animated series is up on Youtube, but I'm not sure how accurately it portrays the books.

The animal proportions were also kind of weird, because the foxes and badgers were depicted as being the same size as mice and squirrels, yet you'd have giant snakes and cranes!
        Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-01-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

In the very first Redwall book (the one called Redwall), I remember there being a dog, although it didn't play a big role (don't think it even had a name). I don't recall any wolves offhand, but there were definitely foxes (which are canids; wonder if they got uplifted? Possibly the domesticated ones).

Comment

Working...
          X