John Mørke on RPGClinic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Mørke on RPGClinic

I just listened to John Mørke talk to Jon Verrall on PRGClinic and was surprised that it hasn't been linked here yet (as far as I can tell). It's worth a listen, I found it interesting to hear some of Mørke's intentions for how the game should played that were, if not entirely new to me, certainly something I hadn't really consciously considered. I was kinda disappointed to hear that Arms of the Chosen has been delayed for some re-writes, but I am looking forward to the evocations taking on more of a mechanical structure than they have in the core book.

Someone should let them know that twitch is muting that video on copyright grounds or something.

Comment

Only part of it is muted. About 4 minutes in, it gains audio again.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

I can't even get the feed to come up. Anyone else having that issue?

Craft rewrite.
        Twitter Handle: at maudovajr

Comment

That was a great listen, thanks!

Eager to see how the re restructuring of Artifacts will turn out.

For those who did not or will not listen;

Arms has been delayed because they decided to re do how Artifacts work. To completely master them will become a bigger part of your character and it will be more expensive (I assume XP wise).

Comment

Hm, now I want to watch their campaign from the beginning, but it only goes back to Day 26. Anybody know if RPGClinic has any more sessions floating around out there somewhere?

I'm feeling bluuuueeeee~

Comment

Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
              That was a great listen, thanks!

Eager to see how the re restructuring of Artifacts will turn out.

For those who did not or will not listen;

Arms has been delayed because they decided to re do how Artifacts work. To completely master them will become a bigger part of your character and it will be more expensive (I assume XP wise).
              Just for ease of reference, for people trying to find it, it's around 1 hour 27-ish minutes in. Basic quote:

Mørke: "They're gonna look different, they are more involved. It's like a Cadillac, your daiklave is like a Cadillac, it's got all this great stuff, great features, great interactivity, great lore. And it's a more intense system, a more intense focus on your character and their connection to the legacy of the Solars of the First Age, and it is a more intense Solar XP investment. The first one I wrote came out to be like 120 Solar XP to go all the way through it to the end. You might look at it as errata, because looking backwards from Arms, you would see that they're not the same thing as what's in the core book. You'd be correct in believing that the artifacts in the corebook are outdated, but it will be easy for you to take what's in the corebook and convert it."

Meanwhile, Holden says in the chat: "Notably, it does -not- look like the old beta Volcano Cutter, nor does it look like the tiny 5-Evocations-and-done stuff in the core. It's -different,- not just an expansion on the corebook."

Seems like what we've been cooking so far might actually be a bit too limited for the higher dots.

Artifact Journeyman?

Comment

120 solar exp would translate to...

15 Evocations? Or 12.

Interesting. It might be that rather than these evocations just being related to combat that there might be more horizontal improvement for characters, but I'm not sure what the hell that will actually look like, so hum.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

I kinda liked the 5-and-done model in the corebook. I'll withhold judgment here until I see the finished product and the guidelines they're talking about. Worse comes to worst it couldn't be hard to use them to make more measured Evocation trees. Still excited!

Revlid wrote:
                  Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                    Hm, now I want to watch their campaign from the beginning, but it only goes back to Day 26. Anybody know if RPGClinic has any more sessions floating around out there somewhere?
                    Liz has the eps archived on YouTube if you just search Exaltwitch. I don't think there's a broader RPG clinic archive, unfortunately. He's had a lot of great guests, and then also me, and the chats on RPG clinic are always super insightful.

Pronounced "Monkey Pie"

Find my actual play content here!

Comment

Originally posted by Monkipi View Post
                      Liz has the eps archived on YouTube if you just search Exaltwitch. I don't think there's a broader RPG clinic archive, unfortunately. He's had a lot of great guests, and then also me, and the chats on RPG clinic are always super insightful.
                      Muchas gracias, senor.

I'm feeling bluuuueeeee~

Comment

Seems like my idea of writing kinda-self contained MA-like Evocation-sets for Artifacts might have been correct...

My homebrew/rewrites:
                        2nd->3rd Edition Sorcery Spells Rewrite
                        Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes Evocations
                        Solar Occult Charms for Sorcerers
                        Solar Thrown Charms (with Solar Danmaku Charms)

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
                          I kinda liked the 5-and-done model in the corebook. I'll withhold judgment here until I see the finished product and the guidelines they're talking about. Worse comes to worst it couldn't be hard to use them to make more measured Evocation trees. Still excited!
                          I dont know if I want to see 12 or 15 evocation trees either, but maybe it will be more like multiple purchases to refine or empower a smaller tree of base evocations. Kinda like Achemical upgrade modules.
                          Last edited by SpruceStripedGoose; 11-22-2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

It sounds like it's more than just a bunch of extra charms, which I kind of hope is the case. Artifacts having a handful of evocations is a pretty cool idea, in my opinion, but I don't think they benefit any more from twenty charms than they would from five. If this is something different, I'm eager to see it - so far I love most of Ex3's sub-systems, and I'm always interested in reading about more.

Comment

The old "beta" Evocations from the various leaked documents were just "more evocations". This isn't supposed to be like that. It's something new. It would be wrong to say it's 12-15 evocation trees. It could be new artifact-specific merits, like the sorcerous merits that come with some shaping rituals. It could be small power-upgrades to existing evocations like submodules to Alchemical charms. It could be a lot of things.

Freelancer | Content Creator
                              Twitter | Youtube | Patreon

Comment

Working...
                              X