Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Actual Play] Exalted: The Congenials

Introduction

With all the....morally questionable events going on in the Princes of the Universe,we wanted to have a new crew going through Creation as generally good people doing generally good things in an alternate universe with new players! We focus on more personal stories, and often get into some long winded debates on the philosophy of things.

Also, a strange amount of names starting with the letter "M," and more spider imagery than should really be necessary.

Summary

A group of Exalted slowly form in the Haltan region when giant beasts start to threaten the populace...

The Party

Heroism Advancing Algorithm (Orichalcum Alchemical)
    Hero of Claslat, Algorithm was selected as part of the advance team in Project Razor to establish and protect the Claslat outpost in the strange land of Creation. So far, the operation has been going smoothly enough for him to investigate this land and make allies with these odd and primitive native champions.

The Magister (Getimian)
    A Patrician mortal that taught philosophy and history to dynastic children on the Blessed Isle, only to have his life torn away when he simply stopped existing according to everyone else. Imprisoned as a madman and then simply forgotten, he was approached by strange spiders who promised him knowledge and freedom if they could colonize his lost fate thread. Now, he finds himself on the edges of what he once knew, questioning everything he once taught as fact...
    (Warning: contains interpretations and guesses at an unreleased Exalt type, and more than one temporal shenanigans that go too far.)

Mirage of the Ideal Destination (Journeys Sidereal)
    A simple stranger that has a smile upon his face, and dust upon his shoes. Oh, and he will totally admit he's a Sidereal; not that it's really a big deal or anything.

Mocking White Wind (No-Moon Lunar. Owl Totem)
    A prodigy among the Shamans of the northeast, he was one of the youngest master of their hedge thaumaturgy.

Hunter of Shades (Liminal)

Out of Commission Characters
    Season 1:
    Sola
    (Zenith Solar)
    A young leader of a group of peoples from the far West. She slew and bested their last god, and now must take leadership of a lost and tired peoples who have traveled far to the east for a new life.

Masque (Changing Moon Lunar. Spider Totem)
    A man of a thousand faces, using whichever mask is most appropriate for the situation. But which mask is the real Masque?
    (Note: Had to drop out due to scheduling reasons.)

Notes:
    We currently are using the Exalted conversion of Godbound rules, as seen and updated here
    Last edited by Dragonmystic; 03-10-2017, 11:11 AM.

Index

Season 1:
    1. No Tyranny or Genocide, We Promise!
      Mocking White Wind, Mirage, and Sola uncover secrets of a lost age, hunt monsters, and counsel gods with deep seated depression.
    2. Punching a Disney Princess
      The Congenials are joined by the Magister, a Getiminan looking for answers about Fate. They investigate a scary bat monster, follow a poorly constructed chimera, and then punch a Disney Princess.
    3. Monster Mash
      Who is the man performing the Graveyard Smash?
    4. Arachnophiles
      Two new Exalted are drawn to the Congenials and decide to help (probably) good people doing (probably) good things: the Spider totem Lunar named Masque and an Alchemical named Algorithm. The embiggened party tracks down a saboteur to a spider cave filled with spiders and the spider...men. Includes a side mission to Yu-Shan!
    5. The People of Brass and Shadow
      The Congenials go and negotiate with the Autochthonians. A very role-play heavy session involving the clashing of culture and the high stakes of the Claslat Outpost.
    6. Garfield Minus Garfield
      An....experimental episode is published where the GM carries on a one-sided conversation with the voices in his head, purportedly about the Congenials going to a Shadowlands, talking with a populace living on its borders and then delving into the guarded manse. (Technical issues caused only the GM's voice to be recorded. Whoops.)
    7. Shadowlands Manse
      The Congenials can be heard again, and delve into the Underworld-aspected manse. There is a society of ghosts, dessicated ancients, and a dead hero. Sola is confronted about the legacy of the Solar Exalted, Algorithm gets into a philosophical debate, and everyone learns a bit about the dead.
    8. The Saddest Cult
      Masque reveals a bit about "someone else's" past, the Magister explores his broken labyrinth, and we meet Sola's cult, which displays a staggering amount of negligence.
    9. The Even People
      Experimentation on living creatures begins, Fae Folk are confronted. Things are revealed and a plot is put into motion...
    Season 2:
    1. Weight Gain
      Heroism Advancing Algorithm puts on a lot of weight (for a good cause), plans are set in motion for the Hunter, and the children of Autochthon are revealed.
      1A: Life from Death
      We look back at the origins of a new member of the Congenials, the Liminal exalt "Hunter of Shades," brought to life in the last night of his Creator's life...
    2. Orbitally-Bombarded Lions.
      Hunter of Shades, a previous acquaintance of Mirage and Mocking White Wind, turns back up with information on Guild interference that is undermining the Enclave. The Congenials attempt to deal with the problem, which involves painting Algorithm and so many sad lions.
    3. A Life not Lived
      The Congenials try to come to a decision on what they should do with their new prisoner. They then learn some troubling news about the Magister and whomever is living his life. A tidal wave hits and Algorithm keeps bringing up memory spikes.
    4. Giant Minds
      The Congenials consolidate their plan to deal with Arad the Hunter. To do this they hook up an exceptional individual to a mind reading headset and talk to a giant city via crayon drawings and kitten pictures.
    5. Rathess, Pt. 1
      The Congenials decide to track down the ancient city of Rathess in an attempt to resolve the Arad issue. They get swarmed by velociraptors, talk to dinosaur people, and get to have an exciting meeting with Lithesome Avid Engineer (from the books!). So exciting.
    6. Rathess, Pt. 2
      The Congenials continue the endless nightmare that is Rathess. They are stalked by a non IP infringing version of a Schwarzenegger villain. Then the group delves into weird and stranger astrological prognostications and start pulling at the various threads surrounding the Magister, Mirages, and Algorithm.
    7. Everyone is Magister (non-Canon)
      Due to scheduling issues we decide to follow up with a lighter game of “Everyone is Magister”. Magister Invil is a man of a thousand personalities and all of them are vying for the spotlight.
    Last edited by Dragonmystic; 03-01-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

You should come by a Facebook group I created for White Wolf game play media and subject matter media and share this! We have a ton of Exalted fans.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

For different game play videos of White Wolf Games from my play group please check out
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU...IhwsM3kHK56SRA
      If you want to find White Wolf game play media or subject matter media check out the Facebook page I create to share and post media.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherZacher View Post
        You should come by a Facebook group I created for White Wolf game play media and subject matter media and share this! We have a ton of Exalted fans.

I don't have a facebook account, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonmystic View Post

I don't have a facebook account, sorry!
          No worries! If you do open one some day come on by, we have 400+ members who regularly watch or listen to White Wolf game play. I created the group so content providers like ourselves could get feed back and people to watch.

For different game play videos of White Wolf Games from my play group please check out
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU...IhwsM3kHK56SRA
          If you want to find White Wolf game play media or subject matter media check out the Facebook page I create to share and post media.

Comment

http://atrusilk.podbean.com/mobile/e...e-exalt-types/

Off-topic discussion this week about Fan-Made Exalted, including Nocturnals, Terrifying Argent Witches, Masters of the Industrial Elements, and Memorials.

Comment

Season 01 Episode 09

Experimentation on living creatures begins, Fae Folk are confronted. Things are revealed and a plot is put into motion...

Comment

http://atrusilk.podbean.com/mobile/e...e-exalt-types/

Off-topic discussion this week about Fan-Made Exalted, including Nocturnals, Terrifying Argent Witches, Masters of the Industrial Elements, and Memorials.
                Little off on how the Masters of the Industrial Elements work, in there.
                They don't need to claim another elemental in order to increase their essence. Rather, gaining essence makes the very difficult task of claiming multiple elementals marginally easier. Statistically speaking, even becoming a stonebearer is very difficult to survive. Now, you do need to claim more in order to use any other elements.

Comment

Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post

Little off on how the Masters of the Industrial Elements work, in there.
                  They don't need to claim another elemental in order to increase their essence. Rather, gaining essence makes the very difficult task of claiming multiple elementals marginally easier. Statistically speaking, even becoming a stonebearer is very difficult to survive. Now, you do need to claim more in order to use any other elements.
                  Ah, I must've conflated the two there. Sorry for the misinformation.

Comment

Ah, I must've conflated the two there. Sorry for the misinformation.
                    I mean, it's okay.
                    I doubt most have the near obsessive interest I do with homebrew splats in general, and the stonebearers in particular.

The only types of Exalt I've ever really been willing to play are Dragons of Another Color (Underworld tinted Dragonbloods), TAWs, and Nocturnals.
                    I much prefer the more common, frankly more interesting to me as part of the setting things, among the field of magical entities. Ghosts, Dragon Kings, Mountain Folk, or the Khaucon (who I left some mark on the creation of) and Stonebearers among homebrew, for example. So I read into those fields way more than I ever do the main lineup, and correspondingly know a lot about them and very little about the snowflakes who received an exaltation.

Comment

Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post

I mean, it's okay.
                      I doubt most have the near obsessive interest I do with homebrew splats in general, and the stonebearers in particular.

The only types of Exalt I've ever really been willing to play are Dragons of Another Color (Underworld tinted Dragonbloods), TAWs, and Nocturnals.
                      I much prefer the more common, frankly more interesting to me as part of the setting things, among the field of magical entities. Ghosts, Dragon Kings, Mountain Folk, or the Khaucon (who I left some mark on the creation of) and Stonebearers among homebrew, for example. So I read into those fields way more than I ever do the main lineup, and correspondingly know a lot about them and very little about the snowflakes who received an exaltation.
                      Haha, no, it's perfectly fine.

As we started doing this episode, I went to talk about it and went... "....I don't remember anything about anything anymore." Stonebearers in particular--especially the charms. (I remember the charms were serviceable and mechanically good, but I can't remember any charm in particular, just that they were autochthon elemental....)

Homebrew splats are very good for throwing vetern players off their game, and keeping the magic alive.

Comment

Haha, no, it's perfectly fine.

As we started doing this episode, I went to talk about it and went... "....I don't remember anything about anything anymore." Stonebearers in particular--especially the charms. (I remember the charms were serviceable and mechanically good, but I can't remember any charm in particular, just that they were autochthon elemental....)

Homebrew splats are very good for throwing vetern players off their game, and keeping the magic alive.
                        I might argue that their element independent charms - their excellencies through their elemental weapon materialization - have a few interesting ideas, or that the concept of a Longevity keyword for charms which, due to making their body better, extend their life past what someone fundamentally a mortal like them should expect, but I think the fairly prosaic nature of even the charms which metaphorically invoke their element is part of the feel of the stonebearers.

Their power is not something designed on-high, or something natural. The power of the stonebearers is something stolen and raw, which they've managed to kitbash into magic of their own despite needing to fight it's efforts to defy them. For the stonebearers, at least more than anyone else, charms without loud identities are more suitable than for other splats - because others are great and designed powers, while stonebearers are shapers of a foreign, stolen, and rebellious flame - their ambitions sit low to the ground, because they need to be in all ways the architects of their own might.

Comment

And with the Holidays over, Season 2 starts off!

Season 02 Episode 01
                          Heroism Advancing Algorithm puts on a lot of weight (for a good cause), plans are set in motion for the Hunter, and the children of Autochthon are revealed.

Comment

A new character is revealed in this sub-episode!

Season 02 Episode 01A -- Life from Death
                            We look back at the origins of a new member of the Congenials, the Liminal exalt "Hunter of Shades," brought to life in the last night of his Creator's life...

Comment

Season 02 Episode 02
                              Orbitally bombarded lions.

Hunter of Shades, a previous acquaintance of Mirage and Mocking White Wind, turns back up with information on Guild interference that is undermining the Enclave. The Congenials attempt to deal with the problem, which involves painting Algorithm and so many sad lions.

Comment

Working...
                              X