Your Exalted 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Exalted 2017

So, now it's Christmas and New Year's coming up. What are your anticipations and plans for Exalted in 2017?

I'm anticipating Arms of the Chosen in late Q1 and Dragon-Blooded in maybe Q3. I'm also anticipating the announcement of the next splat book after Dragon-Blooded, and maybe a timetable on Towers of the Mighty and Paths of Brigid. We've had a rough first year, especially now with Arms being delayed because of rewrites. But since the game is still in its early stage, and there are still uncertainties about certain directions, the production will probably stabilize in 2017.

As for my own plans, I'm going to let my players swing by Great Forks in pursuit of the Twilight's ward who has been seduced into the service of the Abyssal necromancer known as Tattered Smile of Morbidity. Without spoiling too much (since they read the forums), they may have a run in with an organization called the Scales of Ma'at operating under an old Black Market Exigent; Nepthys, the Chosen of Death and Discord. They also have plans to visit the Night Caste's homeland, an independent state under Dragon-Blooded rule, where a Solar Exalted has led a slave rebellion that has managed to defeat the Dragon-Blooded rule. The Night Caste, who used to be a slave there herself, will learn that the new reign with the Dragon-Bloods in submission is not exactly the utopia she had hoped for, and it will be interesting to see which side she'll join in that fight.

As for my other group who is operating in the same game canon but two years prior in the timeline, they will work within the Scales of Ma'at down in the Dreaming Sea, and chase down Stigmata, the High Priest of the Haruspex Prophets serving the False Hierophant with a Crown of Prophecy on a Throne of Fortune and Fate. Stigmata, a mighty Midnight Caste, is operating from a palace in Volivat, guarded by elite soldiers created through Volivat's "special ways".

I will also continue working on my Exalted comic which you can find in my signature.

So I'm anticipating and planning a lot. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get to play myself, but Storytelling is a lot of fun too.

What is your Exalted in 2017?
    Last edited by Ekorren; 12-24-2016, 04:48 AM.

Freelancer | Content Creator
    Twitter | Youtube | Patreon

I'm really hoping I get to play in a game next year. STing is fun and all, but there's nothing quite like the absurd freedom of Solar essence fever.

As for the game I'm running, I'm hoping we tie up the second Story nice and neat with a bow on top (of a mountain of bodies, it is a war story after all). From there, I'm not sure whether or not we'll keep running the same game with the same Circle, or try something else. I've been foreshadowing antagonists and threats worthy of an Essence 3 circle, but I dunno. I almost feel like the characters deserve some time off after all we've put them through.

Comment

I plan on finishing up Clutch of Dragons ASAP and hopefully playing or running a game with it.

Currently writing for Exigents.

Comment

I'm running a Game of Thrones inspired game.
        A united kingdom with strong independant provinces, having been kept together by a recently deceased (killed?) King and the looming threat of neighbouring Fair Folks.
        The PCs intend to go take a look at the Fair Folk problem, and will either narrowly missing or coming back home just in time for the crowning of a new King / Queen. Naturally, the transition will not go over smoothly; the Iron Crane clan seeks to put their own on the throne, while the First House seeks to keep to power in its hands The Jade Lion and the Ember Wolf clans are at war with each other and a new King sitting on the throne might tip the scales one way or another. A guild of Anarcho-Capitalists is on the rise, meddling with supply lines and spreading sedicious ideas like "equality of chances" and "economic freedom". The Void Monkey provinces are plagued with Black Boar bandit cells, raiding villages saying "Winter is coming".
        And the exiled son of the deceased King is preparing his return..

Comment

For 2017 I'd like to get more people into Exalted. Much as I enjoy the players in my seafaring game - and I do - we can only game every two to three weeks.

Moreover, I'd like to play Exalted in 2017; I want to be the one making Big Dumb Choices and have someone else spend a week wondering, "Hoo, boy, how is [setting piece X] gonna react to this?"

But I worry that it's gonna be a challenge, I think, finding a survivor comfortable with the idea of STing a fantasy RPG after half the world is reduced to a series of irradiated craters.

Comment

I have an ongoing bi-weekly game that will involve a stand-off with an embattled Realm, an invasion by the Silver Prince, and the characters finally finding out what's ritually sacrificing people in the undercity of Wu Jian. I also have a one-on-one game that focuses on some non-canonical exalt types, the Lost Primordial, and a mother/daughter PC team.

As for my own projects, Stranger Creations is currently posting the 9th set of PCs! I'm very proud that I've been able to keep this going. By the end of this set there will be about 125 of them on the site. I also have the art and concept ready for the next five settings:
            • A return to the Splinter of the Machine, where a component of the Luminous Godkiller Weapon still seeks to finish its task.
            • Beneath the White City, a dungeon crawl in a massive underground manse in the North.
            • Sea, Sand, and Sleep, which follows a Guild caravan floating across the West.
            • No Gods Rule Here, wherein a Realm tributary needs to be brought back in line or convinced to join Lookshy.
            • All is Part of the Pattern, wherein a team of Sidereals try to right matters along the Cinder Coast.
            After that, I may take a break from this particular project and move on to creating some rules content. I'm actually better at that than I am at setting/NPC writing; this was all part of an effort to challenge myself and improve those skills.

I'm not expecting to see the Dragon-Blooded / Realm books in 2017, but maybe the kickstarter for them?

Current project: Stranger Creations, unofficial settings and NPCs for Exalted.

Comment

My weekly game is finally meeting a set of villians that don't end up dead/friends by the end of two sessions.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
              Many Limbed Manual
              Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
              San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
              My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

My goals for 2017 are to complete my current campaign of Exalted and also to begin playing in my girlfriend's Dreaming Sea Game.

I hope to run shorter adventures in the meantime that use Crumplepunch's awesome Dragon-Blooded Charms. I've been working on more detailed bells and whistles like Anima Effects and Limit and consider if/how CC should be different at all for Dragon-Blooded.

I also hope to use wastevens Sidereals: Where Fate Has Lead and maybe 1e Sidereals to try to get a feel for what Sidereals should be like.

I'm hoping Arms of the Chosen will stimulate my desire to actually have artifacts in my game, but really, what I want the most is Dragon-Blooded and the Realm. The Realm, particularly. I dream about Paths of Brigid, but I've come to terms with waiting for it, however long that might take.

I want to make a character that I'm really happy with. As mentioned in the thread about GMs turned players, I have an easy time making NPCs but a hard time making a character and not feeling like they're too much or just not as well-crafted. Hopefully I can find that balance in 2017.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

My plan for 2017 is to get a game of Exalted of the ground, with the first session planed for mid-January. One of the players have ST:ed Exalted before, one has played Exalted before (in the former individual's game), two are new to Exalted but have roleplayed before, and potentially a fifth player that is new to RPGs in all forms and shapes.

As it will be a 2.5-ish game, and the developers of EX3 are generally striving in a direction I'm not interested in, I can't say I anticipate anything Exalted wise beyond getting the new group up and running. However, I hope there will be things I like and pick out from the new material, just as I have picked things from the EX3 core book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                    So, now it's Christmas and New Year's coming up. What are your anticipations and plans for Exalted in 2017?

I'm anticipating Arms of the Chosen in late Q1 and Dragon-Blooded in maybe Q3. I'm also anticipating the announcement of the next splat book after Dragon-Blooded, and maybe a timetable on Towers of the Mighty and Paths of Brigid. We've had a rough first year, especially now with Arms being delayed because of rewrites. But since the game is still in its early stage, and there are still uncertainties about certain directions, the production will probably stabilize in 2017.

As for my own plans, I'm going to let my players swing by Great Forks in pursuit of the Twilight's ward who has been seduced into the service of the Abyssal necromancer known as Tattered Smile of Morbidity. Without spoiling too much (since they read the forums), they may have a run in with an organization called the Scales of Ma'at operating under an old Black Market Exigent; Nepthys, the Chosen of Death and Discord. They also have plans to visit the Night Caste's homeland, an independent state under Dragon-Blooded rule, where a Solar Exalted has led a slave rebellion that has managed to defeat the Dragon-Blooded rule. The Night Caste, who used to be a slave there herself, will learn that the new reign with the Dragon-Bloods in submission is not exactly the utopia she had hoped for, and it will be interesting to see which side she'll join in that fight.

As for my other group who is operating in the same game canon but two years prior in the timeline, they will work within the Scales of Ma'at down in the Dreaming Sea, and chase down Stigmata, the High Priest of the Haruspex Prophets serving the False Hierophant with a Crown of Prophecy on a Throne of Fortune and Fate. Stigmata, a mighty Midnight Caste, is operating from a palace in Volivat, guarded by elite soldiers created through Volivat's "special ways".

I will also continue working on my Exalted comic which you can find in my signature.

So I'm anticipating and planning a lot. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get to play myself, but Storytelling is a lot of fun too.

What is your Exalted in 2017?
                    It has been announced that Exigents are going to be the splatbook after DBs and....Well, if Arms of the Chosen was causing issues with "Hey [mechanic x] sounds cool, let's try that!" *tries it* "....Wow that totally blew everything up, maybe we should try...." and so on, I feel like trying to create the "Build your own Exalt Type" book is maybe going to take a lot longer than might be the case for any other exalt type.

On the other hand, they've probably been spitballing and testing things for it for awhile now, and, if what I hope is true about Arms, they'll have handled something similar, in miniature, there, so...maybe it won't be so bad.

*knocks wood*

*throws salt over shoulder*

*sacrifices cat to Saturn and Jupiter*

Anyway, my players will be hitting the valley of the Sun soon with lots of First Age Tombs to plunder for Artifacts they can take back to the Tri-Khan of Chiaroscuro and the coalition of other local satrapies in the hopes they can use this to create a big enough army that the Realm goes "...ok, Fine, you can be independent, whatever. Sheesh." Alternately, they might ally with House V'Neef in supporting V'Neef's claim for the throne with their supply of artifacts, in exchange for V'Neef cutting all Satrapial ties with the area (I'm intending to have some incentives for them to at least consider this). Or something else, I dunno. In any case, I'm fully expecting the process of plundering things to be long and complex and involve revealing secrets about their First Age selves that are both better and worse than the Immaculate Propaganda makes out.

We also have the plots where one character (and her evil twin) are trying to rebuild a First Age Manse Network that controlled most of the water in the area, which will have absolutely no negative impact whatsoever. And the other plot where the Tri-Khan's previous spymaster (who is our Dawn) is trying to figure out what the current trusted spymaster is secretly plotting (as well as planning revenge). And the Twilight who is currently building a Working to create a Hyperbolic Time Chamber (because apparently I don't really give enough downtime for the amount of xp I'm granting). Oh and the Sidereal that's been sneaking around. At least one of the heroic mortal Scavenger Lords is probably going to Exalt at some point too.

I just hope everyone has fun.

Comment

2017 is looking like the year of my next exalted game. I'm hoping more source material for this game is going to be released. I would like more than 1 book a year, but I'll settle for 1 solid book. I just don't think it's going to keep peoples interest to make the brand economically viable in the long run.

I'd like to see a splat produced that adds a challenge powerwise that will give Solars a run for their money. I'd like to see the sidereal book announced. I'd like their chief rivals to be announced as well.

I see a lot of homebrew material being produced by myself, more than any other I have ever written before. I've already rewritten every charm in the game for ease of reading, searching, and planning. I rewrote how crafting works, and I am working in building another path of power based on sorcerous power. I am looking forward to integrating all the homebrew created by the forum posters past and present into the game.

Craft rewrite.
                      Twitter Handle: at maudovajr

Comment

My 2017 plan is to read my deluxe edition book alone in my apartment, because I live in an antique land of english speakers.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin_Fredericks View Post
                          I have an ongoing bi-weekly game that will involve a stand-off with an embattled Realm, an invasion by the Silver Prince, and the characters finally finding out what's ritually sacrificing people in the undercity of Wu Jian. I also have a one-on-one game that focuses on some non-canonical exalt types, the Lost Primordial, and a mother/daughter PC team.

As for my own projects, Stranger Creations is currently posting the 9th set of PCs! I'm very proud that I've been able to keep this going. By the end of this set there will be about 125 of them on the site. I also have the art and concept ready for the next five settings:
                          • A return to the Splinter of the Machine, where a component of the Luminous Godkiller Weapon still seeks to finish its task.
                          • Beneath the White City, a dungeon crawl in a massive underground manse in the North.
                          • Sea, Sand, and Sleep, which follows a Guild caravan floating across the West.
                          • No Gods Rule Here, wherein a Realm tributary needs to be brought back in line or convinced to join Lookshy.
                          • All is Part of the Pattern, wherein a team of Sidereals try to right matters along the Cinder Coast.
                          After that, I may take a break from this particular project and move on to creating some rules content. I'm actually better at that than I am at setting/NPC writing; this was all part of an effort to challenge myself and improve those skills.

I'm not expecting to see the Dragon-Blooded / Realm books in 2017, but maybe the kickstarter for them?
                          Given how great your NPCs and settings are, I await your rules content with baited breath.

As for the DB/Realm books, they've said they're not gonna do the KS for them until they've got the book mostly finished. I also think it'll impact the gameline in a pretty negative way if the DB book isn't out in 2017. I mean, ok, sure I get that we don't want to be on the supplement treadmill again, but I worry that people will forget that the game exists if a year goes by without any major releases and sales margins are already pretty thin in this business. That said, my understanding is that a lot of the writing on the book had been done, so, if they absolutely had to, they could probably push something out relatively quickly.

I'd rather they take the time to do it right, but my guess is that we'll be seeing those books in 2017, one way or another.

Comment

This year I'll be finishing my first 3E Exalted campaign in the spring, which is exciting! As an ST, I always have fun trying to stick the dismount.

Also this year, I should finish the Prologue on God-Kicking Boot and move into Chapter One. Which I'm super excited about! Webcomics are really rewarding to make, but maaan does it take forever to get to all the plot I wanna get to!

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
                            -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Like Wise Old Guru, I'll be finishing running my game soon. I'm not quite sure how it's going to end: the PCs, after many, many games of running rings around all who opposed them, finally walked straight into a trap (which I was pleased with, as this antagonist is supposed to be a master strategist, which can be difficult to do as ST without outright cheating). They may kick ass and escape. Or several of them may actually die (in the last 2 sessions, 3 characters were taken to one level off death, one guy lost an arm, and another took 13 agg and was blinded... which is the first time any of them have ever had to take crippling injuries to avoid death in the 30+ sessions of this game).
                              Which hopefully gives a real sense of risk and therefore achievement, if they do escape.

I'll have run this game for nearly 2 years I think. And it was a continuation of a 3 or 4 year 2nd ed game. Every character has been Essence 5 for a while, they're nearly at 400xp.
                              Admittedly, I'm very much looking forward to running something that's a)not Exalted, as much as I like it, it's basically all I've played/run for the last few years, and b)has starting characters rather than ones with tons and tons of XP. So I'm going to go run Rogue Trader (which is, admittedly, fairly high-powered, but not like Exalted, and definitely not like Essence 5 Exalted) and do some sci-fi.
                              I'll probably come back to Exalted in the future.

My hope is that the Dragonblood and Realm books come out and are very inspiring, so that I want to come back and run a bit more Exalted with them going against the Realm (which is clearly going to happen, but is a bit difficult to run with little in the way of high-essence DB rules).

Well, actually, my hope is that the Lunars book comes out, because I'd quite like to run an all-Lunars game (I suspect it would have most of the advantages of a Solar game and few of the disadvantages), and also if I really like it I have a Lunar who went off to get tattooed in the Exalted game I play, who can come back.
                              But that seems very unlikely.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X