X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momoyo is Best Girl
    started a topic Momo's Scroll of Mixed Martial Arts

Momo's Scroll of Mixed Martial Arts

Hello everyone! So, first real post on the forums. I'm Momo and I've been converting styles with the assistance of others. I figured for my first post i'd just gather up everything i'd done over December to now and make it into one nice document. I've left it open for comment, and though I might not go back and change things, I also might and value input from everyone. So feel free to look it over, use it. Don't use it. Hopefully everyone enjoys!

Currently the Document includes:

Water Dragon Style
    Wood Dragon Style
    Fire Dragon Style
    Earth Dragon Style
    Five Dragon Style
    Air Dragon Style (By Sandact6)
    Swaying Grass Dance Style
    Even Blade Style
    Ivory Pestle Style
    White Veil Style
    Hungry Ghost Style
    Celestial Monkey Style
    Night Breeze Style
    Five Dancing Pillars of Creation Style (My own labor of love. So many words...)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

If anyone wishes to suggest future conversions for me, be it official or unofficial I'll also take requests
    Last edited by Momoyo is Best Girl; 02-17-2018, 02:24 PM. Reason: Updating list for Night Breeze

• devaking
    replied
    Hi. Tks for your celestial monkey.

I was wondering if i could get your opinion on a style i put together? Since you did alot of them i was thinking you may have insight to share for balance purpose

Its called drunken monkey. I did use a couple of your celeatial monkey charm or idea And your text... Your a good righter.

Here the link

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...n-monkey-style

Leave a comment:

• Momoyo is Best Girl
    replied
    Double post oops.
    Last edited by Momoyo is Best Girl; 02-21-2018, 01:42 AM. Reason: I'm a derp.

Leave a comment:

• Momoyo is Best Girl
    replied
    Originally posted by zenvious View Post
    Really like these. Had a browse and they all look solid!

Question I'd like to ask (purely for the sake of asking - I think the way you have designed it all is good as is), had you ever considered making some styles "Elemental Compatible?" Like - have the 'Enlightened' effects of Water Dragon style available only to 'Water Terrestrials'?

OR alternatively (I like limitations, but I know others don't so) have those Enlightened effects come with an Elemental Bonus for similar compatibility (e.g.: for Water Dragon "Ghost Restraining Whirlpool Stance's" enlightened effect; if the user is a Terrestrial Water Dragon, the addition cost is only 4m instead of 6m). It may complicate things, but it could also add a nice incentive for Dragons of certain Elements to practice styles fitting their Elemental force - while not being punished for practicing other techniques.

It could even be a tag for such Dragons to gain the benefits of even without Immaculate training.

But as I said, I like it all as is. Am glad you've had such great feedback. This is VERY impressive work!

Hmm, I'd not considered a mote cost reduction for dragons of a fitting element. The only thing that really gives me pause is that would make them (In theory) better at those styles than Solar/Sidereal practitioners. While I certainly don't think solars should be the best at everything ever forever and ever amen, I would like to keep within the theme that Immaculates tend to practice the styles just as well as solars. (Though as is right now I suppose it's still kind of worse unless they're in form.)

I'll take the suggestion into consideration, especially because with smaller mote pools that'd be a huge boon to immaculate practitioners, but I am uncertain if I will go forward with it.

​Thanks for the kind words!

Originally posted by light-hero View Post
    Notice that requirements for five dragon style are not the same in text and on the charm tree.
    Oh I hadn't noticed, i'll have to pull up draw io and fix that up. Thanks for the notice!

Leave a comment:

• light-hero
    replied
    Notice that requirements for five dragon style are not the same in text and on the charm tree.

Leave a comment:

• zenvious
    replied
    Really like these. Had a browse and they all look solid!

Question I'd like to ask (purely for the sake of asking - I think the way you have designed it all is good as is), had you ever considered making some styles "Elemental Compatible?" Like - have the 'Enlightened' effects of Water Dragon style available only to 'Water Terrestrials'?

OR alternatively (I like limitations, but I know others don't so) have those Enlightened effects come with an Elemental Bonus for similar compatibility (e.g.: for Water Dragon "Ghost Restraining Whirlpool Stance's" enlightened effect; if the user is a Terrestrial Water Dragon, the addition cost is only 4m instead of 6m). It may complicate things, but it could also add a nice incentive for Dragons of certain Elements to practice styles fitting their Elemental force - while not being punished for practicing other techniques.

It could even be a tag for such Dragons to gain the benefits of even without Immaculate training.

But as I said, I like it all as is. Am glad you've had such great feedback. This is VERY impressive work!

Leave a comment:

• Momoyo is Best Girl
    replied
    Originally posted by Rahod View Post
    Interesting idea I would like to see what else you got

I don't remember where I saw it over the years but someone did create a mortal martial art that didn't use essence but just willpower and skill checks. Do you think you could come up with something like that since you have done work with conversions?
    This is definitely something i've considered doing, and might actually attempt it soon.

Originally posted by Tikor View Post
    Momoyo IBG, excellent work.

I'm going to piggyback the thread necromancy since the audience that reads this thread would likely be interested in my 3e conversion of Falling Blossom Style.

So, undead pigs and monks who throw themselves between those they love and harm's way, for those who just can't get enough martial arts. Cheers!
    This is something i'll have to take a look at myself. To undead pigs and monks! Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Tikor
    replied
    Momoyo IBG, excellent work.

I'm going to piggyback the thread necromancy since the audience that reads this thread would likely be interested in my 3e conversion of Falling Blossom Style.

So, undead pigs and monks who throw themselves between those they love and harm's way, for those who just can't get enough martial arts. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Rahod
    replied
    Interesting idea I would like to see what else you got

I don't remember where I saw it over the years but someone did create a mortal martial art that didn't use essence but just willpower and skill checks. Do you think you could come up with something like that since you have done work with conversions?
    Last edited by Rahod; 02-18-2018, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Momoyo is Best Girl
    replied
    Going to commit a bit of Thread Necromancy on myself, as for the first time in over a year i've converted another style. Night Breeze Style!

Leave a comment:

• Momoyo is Best Girl
    replied
    Originally posted by Bastet View Post
    Lunging Phantom Method looks too powerful for a charm without Terrestrial or Mastery. Its not unreasonable compared to Excellent Strike but are other Exalt types going to be entitled to similar tricks? I am thinking about Decisive Attacks in particular here.

You could be correct on that. Perhaps I will create a terrestrial keyword, though on average the rerolls are each worth about 1 die per 10 dice rolled. Maybe i'll make Terrestrial practitioners unable to reroll 2's... Though in future, I have allowed people to suggest on the document. If you have concerns you should be able to highlight a section and make a comment or type over it to suggest an edit. Thanks for your suggestion!

Leave a comment:

• Bastet
    replied
    Lunging Phantom Method looks too powerful for a charm without Terrestrial or Mastery. Its not unreasonable compared to Excellent Strike but are other Exalt types going to be entitled to similar tricks? I am thinking about Decisive Attacks in particular here.

Leave a comment:

• Momoyo is Best Girl
    replied
    Celestial Monkey Style is complete!*

*I tried to reign in the styles thematics being all over the place. Tried to focus in more on understanding of oneself, being carefree and understanding the flows of life and love kind of schtick. I may need to try and redo a couple charms to reign it in further.

In the meantime, enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Momoyo is Best Girl
    replied
    Originally posted by Kurokune View Post
    I'm impressed by a lot of this. Noticed a few odd typos or phrasings, but these things happen. One sort of major thing though, your form weapons category needs to list if a style can be used unarmed. Corebook styles do except for styles that cannot. While I can imply most of these use unarmed by the charms it will cut confusion if you add that to the form weapons section.

Also Water Dragon's Theft of Essence Method cuts off before giving the Gambit difficulty. Still reading most of it but wanted to chime in. Again, happy to see an effort, love some of your mechanics, just trying to help refine!

Glad to hear you like the styles, and yeah, I tend to think faster than my hands can keep up at times so things fall through the cracks, or I forget how to english. Thanks for the heads up on the water dragon Style! I missed it and corrected it as of now. I appreciate the effort to help me make a better product. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Sandact6
    replied
    Originally posted by Momoyo is Best Girl View Post
    With the straw poll being completed, the next style is Celestial Monkey!
    But I voted for Swallowed Darkness Style...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X