Summoning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker-of-Ebony-Clouds View Post
    How many spirits can a single sorcerer have bound to him at any given time?

I ask because i gave my group 1 months worth of down time in game to allow them some character development out of play...
    Usually this is represented as some sort of montage where they explain what they spend their experience on & how they spend their free time.

One player spent the entire month summoning as many elemental's as he could which worries me he might be building a powerful army very early on as we are only
    4 sessions in...
    Sounds like he's playing Exalted to me. Summoning is powerful. Sorcery is powerful. This is a fairly normal play style, honestly.

He does have to deal with the implications of managing that many minions directly, of course. And he's going to run into various hurdles, such as logistics, fear from the local populace, etc.

The only part of this that seems fishy to me is him trying to circumvent the year and a day restriction. Just tell him that isn't going to fly, and ask him to either rephrase the binding or accept they server for a year and a day.

Comment

Totentanz Wait where is the bit on attempting to subvert year and a day? Last I saw that mentioned here was just saying that a such a contract length requires a more specific task than "Do what I tell you."

Comment

What are the logistics of moving and army of elementas. Im imagining that its very different to moving a mortal armie.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker-of-Ebony-Clouds View Post
          How many spirits can a single sorcerer have bound to him at any given time?

I ask because i gave my group 1 months worth of down time in game to allow them some character development out of play...
          Usually this is represented as some sort of montage where they explain what they spend their experience on & how they spend their free time.

One player spent the entire month summoning as many elemental's as he could which worries me he might be building a powerful army very early on as we are only
          4 sessions in...

A battle group of a couple dozen elementals is nice, but not really world-shaking or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakii View Post
            What are the logistics of moving and army of elementas. Im imagining that its very different to moving a mortal armie.

It really depends on the elementals and where you are moving. But I have to imagine an army of wind bears would be hella swifter then human grunts crawling through the desert or jungles.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Upside Greenmaw are great for clearing trails for the rest of forces. Just let them nom their way through the paths ahead if they get too overgrown.

Comment

Everything has souls in exalted. Animals have lower souls. Second-circle demons are souls. Third circle demons both have multiple souls and are souls themselves.

Dragon kings have souls

Mountain folk have souls.

All those races wiped out in the primordial war had souls.

Autochonian soulsteel is made of of the souls of a species that never even made it to the war.

Setting-wise "only mortal beings & exalts have souls" is very, very high on the "totally wrong" scale.

Comment

Telling something to discern everything that has a soul could be a poetic way of telling it to keep the Fair Folk away.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                  X