JTroy's Exalted Sketchbook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTroy's Exalted Sketchbook

I've done a lot of Exalted fan art, character concepts, and commissions over the years that I've been playing it. I love the setting, the characters, and the way that it grabs my imagination. I thought that I would start compiling stuff that I've done in this thread, and I'll begin with my favorite setting, Thorns. The Juggernaut rules.

It's kinda like the Makeout Point of Thorns, isn't it?

I did this a while back for Forumites Omicron and Vegetalss4 of their characters Idesa Adara and the Celestial Dragon, slugging it out in the zombie-filled streets as the Juggernaut looms oppressively over the city.

This is a pretty old sketch I did way back when I first began to run Exalted. I've always loved Juggs.
    Last edited by JTroy; 02-07-2017, 12:53 AM.

I draw things! Wanna check it out? Click on the link below!
    https://www.deviantart.com/jordantroy

YES! I do commissions!

Panther! He is a sexy dude, for sure.

Swan trains with his new sifu. Swan is also a cool guy, I always felt he was sort of underrated as a sig character.

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

I did this one daaaays ago, when Ink Monkeys was going strong and Swaying Grass Dance Style was the hot newness. Dance your way to freedom!

This was a commission that I did for a Dragonblood who knows how to play his cards right. Hah!

This guy was another commission. The Solar Lawman, specializing in Archery and Ride, dealing Holy justice with twin prayer pieces.

And yet another commission, this one of a Lunar whose goal is to break the barrier of power, to achieve Solar Circle Sorcery.

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

These are really cool, JTroy. I think they have a fairly distinct style. The Juggernaut full body portrayals may be my favorite of the bunch, but that commission is particularly nice too.

Comment

Hot damn! That's some brilliant art!

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

A daiklave! I like how varied daiklaves can be. This one's straight and double-edged, and probably really wants to cut something. You know how swords are.

Anima Banners are fucking cool, are they not?

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

Commission I just finished for LeukasLatrai. All hail King Scruff! Once a slave, but now king! King of an army of savage children, burning everything in his path as he marches toward the threshhold, taking all and making wretched prisoners of the adults who give him challenge. Fear Scruff, the Boy-Tyrant!
              Last edited by JTroy; 02-08-2017, 01:33 AM.

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

It's been a while since I've posted here! I've got plenty of new stuff to show off, so let's get down to it!

I just finished doing this piece for my fiance of her Eclipse caste god puncher, Wandering Moon of Infinite Horizons. We all just call them Moon, though.

I was commissioned for this guy. He's an Infernal, in case you couldn't tell! Wings made of devilish amplifiers and woodwinds, with reed wings spitting fire from his green sun heart, and his anima banner behind him depicting a choir of the damned surrounding an empty heavenly throne.

This is my oldest PC, the Centurion, with his winged musical axe, a necklace of Yasal crystals, and a hellfire spear. Can't wait for Infernals to make it to 3rd Edition! It'll happen one day!

I plan on finishing this soon, I promise! Sketch of an Agata that is begging to be given a second draft, and color. So much color.

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

We're just gonna hit that sub button...

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

5 expressions of Jade in it's natural, raw form. One of my players was learning mandarin and han at the time, so me and Google translate got together and made what he assured me was a terrible and nonsensical literary puzzle. I passed these along to his monk IC, and he declared them to be ancient art from a revered proto-Immaculate boddhisattva, and went about the process of translating it. What we have below is his (almost entirely fabricated) translation based on the written characters. It was a very satisfying bit of player/ST collaboration.

*(Ex.1: Sample was observed while on trek in the Far East. We were passing through a great bamboo forest- it was so subtle I almost passed it by! It sprouted up from the ground, giving the area surrounding a gloriously verdant vitality. A truly breathtaking specimen.)

*Translated to Dragon Tongue for the modern reader

*(Ex.2: Sample of black jade was recovered from the Western sea 100 miles offshore due west from Blessed Isle. It is uncertain how long it took for such a marvel to gestate, or even how it was possible to form within a giant clam, for it is far more grand than the most lustrous of pearls!)

*Translated to Dragon tongue for the modern reader

*(Ex.3: Sample from the granite quarries of *******. Surely if they had known there was such a rich vein of jade beneath the base earth they mined for, they would have hollowed the mountain sooner. Glory to ******, and Glory to the Empire!)

*(Ex.4: Sample taken from the Black Sand Mountain some 150 miles south of Gem. Locals say that the entire range is in fact one single volcano, ever-ready to explode! Seeing this exposed jade deposit, once so hot that the stone melted away from it, I am ready to believe it!)

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

Turns out you can only fit 4 images in a post. Here's the fifth in the above set!

*(Ex.5: Sample originated from the Frozen Breath Peak, where our Immaculate brothers and sisters tend to one of Mela's oldest temples. The lightning is attracted to the Essence within the jade. Over time they are worked by nature into this strange shape. Perhaps a shape not unlike a coiled dragon?)

*Translated into Dragon tongue for the modern reader

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

Quick sketch of a Blood Ape today.

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

He sure seems pleasant.

Comment

Nice stuff!

My characters:
                            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                            Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

I always look at threads like this and wish there were premade exalted art collections or buy or download.

JTroy have you thought about putting your work on the ST vault?

Comment

Working...
                              X