Ninja tools & artifacts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja tools & artifacts

Do items like Smoke bombs exist in Exalted?

Also the thought of artifact caltrops came to mind but seem a bit far fetched the more i think about it but wanted to present the idea anyway. They would have two powers. The first being that they would shift form somewhat. Like they would lay flat being more trap like making them harder to see & easier to hide. They would go sharp if anyone else stepped on them but would go flat if the attuned owner stepped on them giving the owner a advantage in combat & the opponent or opponents a environmental hazard to contend with. The second power would be that they would be summonable since the owner may not be able to retrieve them once laid down say to cover a strategic retreat.

Thoughts & ideas please?

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

Yup Smoke bombs would exist, all you need is alchemy to make them, and I wager there are varying degrees of efficacy with Smoke Bomb technology.

And perhaps the Death of Obsidian Butterflies will provide good template for the Caltrops.

After this spell has been
    cast, the obsidian butterflies fall to the ground and shatter,
    creating terrain that may be hazardous for barefooted
    characters to traverse—treat as an environmental hazard
    inflicting two dice of lethal damage, difficulty 2 to resist
    with a (Dexterity + Athletics) roll, and if the character is
    barefoot, difficult terrain as well. Any character wearing
    armored boots can generally ignore the debris.

Comment

How have I been playing a ninja for so long and completely ignored artefact caltrops as an idea. This is genius.

Oh, my group also plays with smoke bombs. Or, we would've done two sessions ago, but I didn't want to flurry a smokebombing with anything.

This post was made in a factory where hyperbole and sarcasm are handled.

Comment

the gauntlets with retractable and launchabe claws come to mind - they give a bonus to climbing, a very nice for combat, and lets you spiderman away or pull a "GET OVER HERE!" if need be

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Originally posted by webkilla View Post
          the gauntlets with retractable and launchabe claws come to mind - they give a bonus to climbing, a very nice for combat, and lets you spiderman away or pull a "GET OVER HERE!" if need be
          Rico much?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanas View Post
            How have I been playing a ninja for so long and completely ignored artefact caltrops as an idea. This is genius.

Oh, my group also plays with smoke bombs. Or, we would've done two sessions ago, but I didn't want to flurry a smokebombing with anything.
            I'll one up you. How about a charm that temporarily manifests caltrops from pure Essence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanas View Post
              Rico much?

I dont get the reference

but its in Oadenol's Codex - page 37, Gauntlet of Distant Claws

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

I'm working a bit on some craft add-ons, including a more robust tag system, some of which might be useful to mundane or semi-mundane weapons:

Switchable: This weapon has both a dull edge and a sharp one, a hidden blade that can be flicked out as needed, or something similar. As such, any Decisive attack made with the weapon has either the Bashing or Lethal tag, as desired by the wielder.

Hidden compartment: As the Concealable tag, but, instead of the weapon or item being easy to hide, it contains a hidden compartment which makes something else of the appropriate size easy to hide.

Hidden Weapon: As hidden compartment, but it serves as the dedicated sheath for a weapon. Some items might even fold themselves into the weapon.

Comment

I dont get the reference

Also Caste Book: Night from 1e.

Comment

Smokebombs and artifact caltrops? Brilliant Had the first actual RP session with the new group today, and they discovered a smallish underground manse the Night Caste had spent background points on. I kind of skipped over a room, and this thread gave me the answer to what that room had been about; a workshop where stuff like that was produced (15 centuries has not been kind to the equipment though...).

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post

I'll one up you. How about a charm that temporarily manifests caltrops from pure Essence.

Could you post it? I'd like to use it

I dont get the reference

Just Cause, it's a game.
                      Last edited by Rowanas; 01-29-2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Maybe we need a ninja MA style. Lots of stealth enhancers like Essence smoke release and caltrops or something.

And combat charms too of course. Ninjas fight all the time acter all

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                          Maybe we need a ninja MA style. Lots of stealth enhancers like Essence smoke release and caltrops or something.

And combat charms too of course. Ninjas fight all the time acter all
                          See Ebon Shadow Style. That said, a "ninja style" that focuses entirely on sneaking around, should be a set of Stealth charms, not MA charms. I really think Ebon Shadow Style is about as far as one should go in that regard.

Possibly a set of Evocations, maybe on armor or something?

Comment

hmmm one of the players in our group pointed out that caltrops would be pointless with a charm like graceful crane stance letting people run over them without taking damage since that charm allows you to stand on the pointy end of a sword & laugh at your opponent it should let you run over caltrops no problem... :-/ seemed like a good idea at first.

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

Comment

Well general caltrops aren't a bad idea and treating them the same as the broken glass from the DoOB spell is a good idea.

The artifact version could be a jade polyhedron that creates an elemental hazard in an area, instead of just a bunch of spikes.

Comment

Working...
                              X