Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Exalted Freelance Submission Guidelines

Originally posted by Rose Bailey
    We've been getting a lot of questions about how to apply to write for Exalted. We're actively reviewing writing samples; you can find the guidelines here.
    Does that mean the wait fervently part of the application might end for a few of us?! *Waits fervently*

Exalted Fanfiction on AO3 that I have authored. A Lunar oral history, a Solar buddy-fiction, and other story hooks.

I wonder if they're looking for artists too, or if they are already covered by the art studio that's been working with EX3's art director.

Join the Strife

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      I wonder if they're looking for artists too.
      The Feb 6 Monday meeting mentions this:

Originally posted by Rich
      Mirthful Mike Chaney is looking for artist submissions, and we’ll have info going out on our social media later this week. Right now, he is interested in artists whose styles match the feeling of the World of Darkness and the Chronicles of Darkness sets of game lines. You can submit links to websites (he will not open zipped files or anything like that) showing work you’ve done as well as any messaging for Mike at this address: onyxpathart@gmail.com

Exalted Fanfiction on AO3 that I have authored. A Lunar oral history, a Solar buddy-fiction, and other story hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        I wonder if they're looking for artists too, or if they are already covered by the art studio that's been working with EX3's art director.
        http://theonyxpath.com/art/

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Awesome, I hope a lot of new blood can get infused into OP soon!

Join the Strife

Comment

One thing I noticed was that the submission guideline page asks for commissions in .doc format, while the style guide linked from that same page insists that .docx is required ('no more .doc or .rtf').

I really hope my .docx submission made it through.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

Originally posted by BjornTheFellhanded View Post
              One thing I noticed was that the submission guideline page asks for commissions in .doc format, while the style guide linked from that same page insists that .docx is required ('no more .doc or .rtf').

I really hope my .docx submission made it through.
              Ah, that was from a few years ago. I updated it; everything should be .docx now.

(If anyone's already submitted in another format, that's fine. )
              Last edited by Rose Bailey; 02-08-2017, 04:13 PM.

Rose Bailey
              Onyx Path Development Producer
              Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

So...

How firm is the word count limit? I'm 30 words over. Fifteen for the setting and fifteen for the mechanics.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
                  So...

How firm is the word count limit? I'm 30 words over. Fifteen for the setting and fifteen for the mechanics.
                  Sounds like you can get some practice in cutting excess words

Comment

Originally posted by deraforia View Post
                    Sounds like you can get some practice in cutting excess words

I figure that will be the answer, but I have to ask. lol

Edit: Managed to cut enough to meet the word count.
                    Last edited by wonderandawe; 04-02-2017, 08:42 PM.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

Comment

I mean, even if being 30 words over is normally a "no big deal" type of situation, there are probably quite a few people submitting right now. Look at it from OP's perspective. If they need to sort through a dozen or so submissions, an easy way to start is to look at how many words each submission is. If your submission is over, it might well get pushed to the back. You're getting off on a bad foot by not following the guidelines.

It's a job interview, basically. If the only difference between you and the next hopeful is that you went over wordcount and they didn't, who do you think has the better chance? You want to stack the deck in your favor.

My advice is just to go ahead and take another look through your writing, try to clean it up as best as you can (trust me, it can always be cleaned up further), and submit something that is within the guidelines. It can only help you.

If you would like any help trimming it up, I'm glad to offer my assistance.

Comment

I like to think that engagingly lyrical writing that is setting consistent is more important than strict wordcount quotas. What you submit will be edited in a work situation - it's very easy to edit down to wordcount, very hard to edit in narrative draw and magic.

But, then, I haven't been hired yet, so what do I know?

Comment

I was going to submit but then realized that I'm currently not good enough according to myself. So I didn't.

Maybe one day.

[Webcomic] Dawn of the Chosen - Last Update: February 26, 2017
                          [Ex3] Necromancy - Last Update: March 28, 2017
                          [Ex3] Machineborn - Last Update: April 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                            I was going to submit but then realized that I'm currently not good enough according to myself. So I didn't.

Maybe one day.
                            Don't trust your own judgment on writing. You are your own harshest critic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tikor View Post
                              I like to think that engagingly lyrical writing that is setting consistent is more important than strict wordcount quotas. What you submit will be edited in a work situation - it's very easy to edit down to wordcount, very hard to edit in narrative draw and magic.

But, then, I haven't been hired yet, so what do I know?
                              I managed to edit it down to under 500 each.

Now to go through the style guide and see what I need to fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X