No announcement yet.

Re: Exalted Freelance Submission Guidelines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth be told, I've been working on submissions for months now. I'm trying to build up a backlog in hopes that I can throw enough darts at the board to hit a bullseye.

I've never wanted to work for someone as much as Onyx Path, and honestly, even if I got another offer, and I had to pick, I'd take this one. Just because I've never wanted more to play in someone else's sandbox.

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
    Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

I managed to edit down my fluff submission to 500 and I need to do some polishing, but I have not yet tackle my crunch section. wish me luck!

"May you live in interesting times"

Storyteller of The Hakura Chronicle

Comment

Good luck to everyone.

A Clutch of Dragons: Hub Thread, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Sail, Socialize Stealth, Survival, Thrown, War, First Draft pdf<NEW

Comment

Welp, my first couple of submissions are in; sent in my first four, working on a fifth and got a couple more brewing. I'm knackered and taking the rest of the night off methinks. Get back to it in the morning.

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
          Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

Originally posted by Arian Dynas View Post
            Welp, my first couple of submissions are in; sent in my first four, working on a fifth and got a couple more brewing. I'm knackered and taking the rest of the night off methinks. Get back to it in the morning.
            I got the impression I was supposed to wait to get a response back from the first one before sending another.

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
            The worst that'll happen is that you'll get a "no." So practice, do better, and try again later. You have nothing to lose.
            Actually, I was meaning to ask. When you say the worst that'll happen is that we'll get a "no", does that mean we will actually get a response back either way?

A Clutch of Dragons: Hub Thread, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Sail, Socialize Stealth, Survival, Thrown, War, First Draft pdf<NEW

Comment

Originally posted by Crumplepunch View Post

I got the impression I was supposed to wait to get a response back from the first one before sending another.

Actually, I was meaning to ask. When you say the worst that'll happen is that we'll get a "no", does that mean we will actually get a response back either way?
              Well, as for waiting, I say screw it; not waiting will let me show that I'm prolific.

As for the "no" well, I've submitted before, and got nothing back, but at the same time, I think it also was that my digital signature on my disclosure form wasn't up to snuff, so it got deleted without being read.

Comment

I assumed you only submit a single submission per game line. I just submitted my Exalted Proposal. Considering writing something up for Changeling the Lost or one of the 20th Anniversary games, though I am not as familiar with those rule sets as with Exalted. It's been a while since I played World of Darkness.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
                  I assumed you only submit a single submission per game line. I just submitted my Exalted Proposal. Considering writing something up for Changeling the Lost or one of the 20th Anniversary games, though I am not as familiar with those rule sets as with Exalted. It's been a while since I played World of Darkness.
                  I'll throw out a bit of what I know; I've talked with another freelancer (not one of OPP's, just a freelance writer) before and basically the suggestions he gave amounted to "Be professional, be prolific" based on a couple of questions I asked Rich T, a while back, basically the writing is sent off to the Devs and they are the ones for whom the process is one way or the other. So basically every inference I got is; "more writing can only help, and doing it regularly shows your progression and quality as a writer." and "Be polite, be professional, and don't assume, just keep putting in until they give you a response to either "collect your first paycheck", "keep putting in submissions, but you're not lucky this time," or simply "Pike off.""

Comment

I'll throw out a bit of what I know; I've talked with another freelancer (not one of OPP's, just a freelance writer) before and basically the suggestions he gave amounted to "Be professional, be prolific" based on a couple of questions I asked Rich T, a while back, basically the writing is sent off to the Devs and they are the ones for whom the process is one way or the other. So basically every inference I got is; "more writing can only help, and doing it regularly shows your progression and quality as a writer." and "Be polite, be professional, and don't assume, just keep putting in until they give you a response to either "collect your first paycheck", "keep putting in submissions, but you're not lucky this time," or simply "Pike off.""

Good to know. Thanks for the tip.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

Comment

As a curious party.
                      How the hell do one use that Adobe ID hooternanny. I'm really not comfortable using a digital signature through Adobe, do anyone know if it is possible to use any other form of digital signing or physical scan of such a thing?

Comment

It took me a while to figure out. Mostly because I have an older version of Adobe Acrobat on my home desktop. I had to use the newer version of Adobe Reader on my work laptop to sign the document.

There are instructions on the internet. Look for instructions for your specific version of Adobe Reader.

Here is a short hand on what I had to do for Adobe Reader X. I may be missing instructions as it took me a while to figure out and I've slept since I signed my form.
                        • Create an Adobe ID.
                        • Sign into your Adobe Reader with your Adobe ID.
                        • Set up your signature in Edit>Preferences>Signatures> Identities & Trusted Certificates.
                        • Click the Fill & Sign link on the top right hand corner of your adobe document.
                        • Place the Signature.
                        • Your signature will show your name and say "Digitally sign by your name" with your email, date, and bunch of other information. It will have a red adobe logo as a watermark. (I'd post a screenshot, but my signature shows my email and some other stuff I don't want public.)

Comment

Originally posted by Growls View Post
                          As a curious party.
                          How the hell do one use that Adobe ID hooternanny. I'm really not comfortable using a digital signature through Adobe, do anyone know if it is possible to use any other form of digital signing or physical scan of such a thing?
                          Physical scans have been fine, in my experience.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Do you actually need the digital signature part of Adobe ID? I just used it to basically add my scanned signature to it. I hope that didn't get my submission deleted...

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                            Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                            Some Lintha QCs
                            A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Physical scans have been fine, in my experience.
                              Huh. Here I'd been figuring it was a "are you tech savvy enough?" test to get past.

Comment

Huh. Here I'd been figuring it was a "are you tech savvy enough?" test to get past.

Me too. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X