Anima Speculation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anima Speculation

The writeups of the Anagonists chapter mention all kinds of Charms and Merits, but don't say anything about the anima effects of the various Exalted Hosts, besides the rules for Dragon-Blooded anima flux. This here is a thread for speculation/wishes on the animas of those not yet revealed, including things like whether Exigents will even universally have anima banners and on what the hell a Marrow Aspect's anima banner looks like.
    For starters, I think I'd quite like Full Moons to have some kind of effect in combat, even if actually doubling Strength would be over the top. I'm also interested to see what other effects the No Moons get; possibly something along the lines of the Eclipse power?

But sexually.

I'll probably be alright with the abyssal one so long as they don't do that madness that cropped up in one book where they said an abyssal's anima banner forced any mortal who caught a glimpse of it to spend willpower or be forced to claw their eyes out.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
      I'll probably be alright with the abyssal one so long as they don't do that madness that cropped up in one book where they said an abyssal's anima banner forced any mortal who caught a glimpse of it to spend willpower or be forced to claw their eyes out.
      Was that ever a thing?! I would like to see what book does that spring from, just out of curiosity. Thought it does sound like it could be some weird exageration/parody derived of the Dawn Caste's anima effect.

Anyway, eldritch horror anima is a horrible but hilarious thing to have. Maybe some corrupted remnant of the Niobrarans forgotten Chosen or Forbidden God exigent, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Was that ever a thing?! I would like to see what book does that spring from, just out of curiosity. Thought it does sound like it could be some weird exageration/parody derived of the Dawn Caste's anima effect.

Anyway, eldritch horror anima is a horrible but hilarious thing to have. Maybe some corrupted remnant of the Niobrarans forgotten Chosen or Forbidden God exigent, perhaps.
        Scroll of Errata pg 82 bottom left hand. Nope this was just a thing connected to Abyssal anima banners the Dusk entry just says it's identical to the alterations made to Dawn.

Comment

Scroll of Errata pg 82 bottom left hand. Nope this was just a thing connected to Abyssal anima banners the Dusk entry just says it's identical to the alterations made to Dawn.
          Funny that, got to check the scroll for the LOLz anyway now, thanks.

edit: looks like my Scroll of Errata is a different version than yours, it's page 82 ain't even about Abyssals... weird
          Last edited by Baaldam; 02-10-2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I'm curious for Infernals-Mapped-To-Twilights.
            I figure the Abyssal version of Twilight will bind ghosts as Twilights do Demons/Elementals, and Graveyards instead of places of power (maybe places of slaughter) and the like.
            But Infernal-Mapped-To-Twilight seems like it will have an odd ball pokemon power.

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
            Many Limbed Manual
            Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
            My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

I could see binding demons of the First Circle and maybe consensually bringing along Second Circles, but I don't know what they might teleport to. In a hack I'm writing, they can just teleport to the nearest manse that either they own or that is unclaimed.

But sexually.

Comment

Damn straight. Something like that should be an Abyssal PRESENCE charm.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X