X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomb of Dreams now in Proofing.

http://theonyxpath.com/cough-back-in...meeting-notes/

Title says it all really.

Remember when we used to make a thread for every Monday Meeting? I miss that.

[Webcomic] Dawn of the Chosen - Last Update: May 20, 2017
    [Ex3] Necromancy - Last Update: May 23, 2017
    [Ex3] Machineborn - Last Update: April 26, 2017

Comment

Is this like the Tomb of Five Corners?

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
        Is this like the Tomb of Five Corners?
        It fills the same role as an introductory adventure, but it is not a retread as far as we know. From what I recall, apparently StephenLS figured out why dungeon-crawls (sorry, "location-based adventures") usually don't work all that well for Exalted, and came up with a way to make it work better. This quickstart adventure is the result.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Doubt I'll get it. At this point, despite enthusiasm for E3 through-out the KS, years and then release and eventual play ... I just don't have the energy or enthusiasm for it anymore. RIght now I'm only checking MMN's for updates on the printing and distribution of the Core book so I can put it up on Ebay.

Comment

I vary between thinking that looking away from Exalted KS updates to focus on other matters during the long wait was a good decision and the best decision I ever made.

Comment

On a lighter note. While I probably wont get this product, definitely going to be in the Dragon Blooded KS.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
                On a lighter note. While I probably wont get this product, definitely going to be in the Dragon Blooded KS.
                I might. Depends how long it will be until it happens. I'll only do it if it's literally ready to go to print too, I just can't back something else that takes this long. A year is fine and I appreciate the issues with E3 were rather different from many other delayed KS's, but even so I don't want to wait years for something.

If the next batch of books are in relatively (Not that word! I don't expect a weekly order...) quick succession to give us more meat to play with (Arms, Realm, DB's) I'll likely come back into the fold, as it is if Arms comes out then there's a year+ until the next stuff I doubt I'll maintain even a cursory interest in the line and would pick up pdfs in bundles/sales at some future point. Probably about the time of 4th Ed!

Comment

If you have a book coming, that means you are also going to get the Quickstart for free.

Looking back at some of the other freebies, whatever happened to the pre-made characters PDF?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                    If you have a book coming, that means you are also going to get the Quickstart for free.

Looking back at some of the other freebies, whatever happened to the pre-made characters PDF?
                    I think that's included in the Tomb of Dreams. A pre made adventure and pre made characters to play.

Edit: I think the only outstanding freebie is the essay collection.
                    Last edited by TheGraySoul; 02-14-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post

I think that's included in the Tomb of Dreams. A pre made adventure and pre made characters to play.

Edit: I think the only outstanding freebie is the essay collection.

They were separate reward tiers, so I thought it was supposed to be above and beyond. Wholly something else.

Quoting for convenience-
                      At $335,000 of contributions, every backer who pledged at Scholar of Lore level or higher will receive a free EX3 Quickstart PDF: containing quickstart EX3 rules, characters and a starting adventure (tentatively entitled The Return To The Revenge Of The Tomb OF Five Corners) with all you need to begin playing.
                      At $630,000 of contributions, every backer of Scholar of Lore or higher will receive a free EX3 Ready Made Characters PDF featuring a selection of pre-made characters designed to let you start playing immediately.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                        They were separate reward tiers, so I thought it was supposed to be above and beyond. Wholly something else.

Quoting for convenience-
                        They were separate stretch goals, but the original Return to the Tomb of Five Corners had premade characters in it so it makes sense that they would have a premade adventure with the premade characters available to play it. I don't know what you mean by wholly above and beyond. One is simply a QuickStart adventure to help introduce new players and storytellers to Exalted and the other is a just a group of filled out character sheets with some art to show off the characters. The stretch goal language doesn't really promise more than that.

Comment

Man, Exalted is getting Ready Made Characters? I guess not any time soon, but I hadn't heard about that. White Wolf and Onyx Path usually put together nicely interesting groups for that.

I think with what I remember hearing about the Jumpstart awhile back that by virtue of having a bunch of premades in it it might pull the double duty of also being RMC.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post

I might. Depends how long it will be until it happens. I'll only do it if it's literally ready to go to print too, I just can't back something else that takes this long. A year is fine and I appreciate the issues with E3 were rather different from many other delayed KS's, but even so I don't want to wait years for something.

If the next batch of books are in relatively (Not that word! I don't expect a weekly order...) quick succession to give us more meat to play with (Arms, Realm, DB's) I'll likely come back into the fold, as it is if Arms comes out then there's a year+ until the next stuff I doubt I'll maintain even a cursory interest in the line and would pick up pdfs in bundles/sales at some future point. Probably about the time of 4th Ed!
                            I don't really has to do with my reply but um okay. I tend to not get stuff like what afaik Tomb of Dreams is because the only time I really ever get anything that is a story module is if it's attached to another book, like say the one in various Mummy:the Curse books. Frankly I am so done with the KS talk and what it's done with the fanbase I have little to say on the matter due to fatigue. Dragon Blooded have, since I started with 1st edition Exalted as my least favourite Exalt type, but I want to contribute to the KS for the splat book because I want to contribute towards extra content in the book that will make people that love Dragon Blooded the way I love Sidereals very happy, so if I can contribute towards that while also paying for content for myself, for me that is a very nice situation to be in.
                            Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 02-15-2017, 07:45 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

IIRC, the jumpstart is supposed to have both the 1e/2e circle AND the new 3e circle as premade characters to play the adventure with. So Dace, Panther, Arianna, Harmonious Jade, and Swan, and then Volfier, Perfect Soul, Shen, Novia, and Prince Diamond... again, this is pulling from some VERY old info in my brain.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                              I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X