Tomb of Dreams now in Proofing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post

I might. Depends how long it will be until it happens. I'll only do it if it's literally ready to go to print too, I just can't back something else that takes this long. A year is fine and I appreciate the issues with E3 were rather different from many other delayed KS's, but even so I don't want to wait years for something.

If the next batch of books are in relatively (Not that word! I don't expect a weekly order...) quick succession to give us more meat to play with (Arms, Realm, DB's) I'll likely come back into the fold, as it is if Arms comes out then there's a year+ until the next stuff I doubt I'll maintain even a cursory interest in the line and would pick up pdfs in bundles/sales at some future point. Probably about the time of 4th Ed!
    I didn't back the first KS, and seeing this didn't excite me for Dragon-Blooded at all. It just reminded me that people plunked down a huge chunk of money four years ago and are still receiving their products in dribs and drabs. Neither Miracles nor this Jumpstart look to be a substantial product, but they are on track to be almost a year apart. Why would I put out that kind of cash and then wait a year per piece?

Meanwhile, Savage Rifts, John Wick, and Sine Nomine basically spammed my inbox all last year and into this year, and OPP as a whole continues to release a ton of product.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
      IIRC, the jumpstart is supposed to have both the 1e/2e circle AND the new 3e circle as premade characters to play the adventure with. So Dace, Panther, Arianna, Harmonious Jade, and Swan, and then Volfier, Perfect Soul, Shen, Novia, and Prince Diamond... again, this is pulling from some VERY old info in my brain.
      That was the original plan, then I realized a couple of things:

1) There's no use putting a signature character as playable in the JS unless the JS both presents what makes them cool and gives them an opportunity to use that coolness during the scenario.
      2) Between them, the ten signature characters cover pretty much every ability, every Charm tree, and every scenario and behavior type supported by the game.

I'm not putting in Prince Diamond without including Ember and familiars and horsemanship, f'rex, but the scenario-concept that made me sit up and go "Hold on, I can do this!" and pitch it to Holden during the KS doesn't allow for that, and I'm not shucking the scenario I want to do in order to do a different scenario that does allow for familiars and horsemanship and also the signature thing for the other nine of 'em.

So the JS has a smaller, more curated list of pregens.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post

1) There's no use putting a signature character as playable in the JS unless the JS both presents what makes them cool and gives them an opportunity to use that coolness during the scenario.
        2) Between them, the ten signature characters cover pretty much every ability, every Charm tree, and every scenario and behavior type supported by the game.

I'm not putting in Prince Diamond without including Ember and familiars and horsemanship, f'rex, but the scenario-concept that made me sit up and go "Hold on, I can do this!" and pitch it to Holden during the KS doesn't allow for that, and I'm not shucking the scenario I want to do in order to do a different scenario that does allow for familiars and horsemanship and also the signature thing for the other nine of 'em.

This is more than reasonable. We have the core book; we can make the signature Circle members for our individual games. Carts, horses, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post

Couldn't the other signature pre-gens have been included just for the sake of completeness? I get what you are saying that they don't all necessarily fit in with the narrative of the quickstart, but it also feels kinda weird that they aren't all going into print in one place, I didn't think a circle would be broken up that way in how they are unveiled. You could just note which characters work best with the campaign, and have the others as examples for play beyond the scope of the quickstart.

Comment

Mmm... fine I guess... I have no interest on this supplement, but I think there are some guys who wanted it desperately.

I wonder if there's something in it for people like me who don't use pre-made adventures. Evocations, antagonists, who knows?

I'll continue to rot until Arms or Paths is released.
            Last edited by Gonzo; 03-03-2017, 12:50 AM.

Join the Strife

Comment

Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post

Couldn't the other signature pre-gens have been included just for the sake of completeness? I get what you are saying that they don't all necessarily fit in with the narrative of the quickstart, but it also feels kinda weird that they aren't all going into print in one place, I didn't think a circle would be broken up that way in how they are unveiled. You could just note which characters work best with the campaign, and have the others as examples for play beyond the scope of the quickstart.
              On the one hand, I don't think there's any reason to assume that stat blocks for every signature character from every edition are guaranteed to see print in 3e. On the other hand, if there's a need to print, say, the 3e signature Solar Circle in an upcoming supplement, then I expect that they'll all be printed in that supplement, rather than expecting the reader to have access to Tomb of Dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                On the one hand, I don't think there's any reason to assume that stat blocks for every signature character from every edition are guaranteed to see print in 3e. On the other hand, if there's a need to print, say, the 3e signature Solar Circle in an upcoming supplement, then I expect that they'll all be printed in that supplement, rather than expecting the reader to have access to Tomb of Dreams.
                I dont even really care about the 2e circle being in the quick start, I was just REALLY looking forward to seeing the new circle in it's entirety.

Edit: And I dont see anywhere else on the horizon where I would exspect them to find a place to show up beyond the quick start.
                Last edited by SpruceStripedGoose; 03-02-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Do we know if there's supposed to be an Exalted Ready Made Characters supplement in the works?

Comment

Should be. That was one of the rewards. I personally always wonderw hat the hell takes those so long to produce.

And stuff.

Comment

Art possibly?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

It takes a while to wrestle the Development Moose. You can't half-ass that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                          Do we know if there's supposed to be an Exalted Ready Made Characters supplement in the works?
                          I haven't heard of one, I think it was one of those things like a bestiary where they wouldn't mind doing one...except they have ALL these other others things they want to do even more first. That's why I was hoping this would be where the full circle made it to print, because if not there it could be a long while before it does anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                            Art possibly?
                            The last three monday meetings each have had a piece of art from the quick start. That reminds me, what charm is this solar using to part the waters? Moses Analog Methodology?

Comment

Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post

The last three monday meetings each have had a piece of art from the quick start. That reminds me, what charm is this solar using to part the waters? Moses Analog Methodology?
                              There is a canon spell for that actually: The Parting of the Seas

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post

There is a canon spell for that actually: The Parting of the Seas
                                Yeah, but that spell calls forth two titans who physically hold back the water, so that's not what that guy is using.

Comment

Working...
                                X