No announcement yet.

Tomb of Dreams now in Proofing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assumed that to be a Water Aspected Dragn-Blooded, based on the look of the character, and the water stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
      I assumed that to be a Water Aspected Dragn-Blooded, based on the look of the character, and the water stuff
      Nah. That's one of the Twilight Castes from the caste book. Iay something. He was a Sorcerer.

Comment

Originally posted by Growls View Post

Nah. That's one of the Twilight Castes from the caste book. Iay something. He was a Sorcerer.

Ah. Got it. Thanks

Comment

Really buried the lead with the Meeting Minutes pics

WHAT THE CHRIST PANTHER IS BACK!

Also that is a pretty cool piece of art.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
            Really buried the lead with the Meeting Minutes pics

WHAT THE CHRIST PANTHER IS BACK!

Also that is a pretty cool piece of art.
            Panther has a couple illustrations in the 3e corebook. The original sigs aren't like, gone forever. They'll probably make cameos in art now and again, even if I think in 3e there's less a try to have a published character in every single solitary piece of art.

And stuff.

Comment

Only one of those three Zeniths is a pregen in Tomb of Dreams. Can you guess which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
                Only one of those three Zeniths is a pregen in Tomb of Dreams. Can you guess which one?
                I can!

Though that's not really guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post

I'd guess Fire Orchid, since there is another fantastic Melissa Uran piece of her in the other minutes.
                  Unless that isn't Orchid in that piece...

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

I was going to be coy and neither confirm nor deny guesses, but, yeah, that Karal Fire Orchid picture does sort of give the game away. So.

Iay Selak-Amu is clearly the pregen Twilight, and Karal Fire Orchid is the pregen Zenith. People want to try guessing the remaining pregens based on that pattern and what they know of me as a creative type?

Comment

My personal guesses:

Jalith for the Dawn since she's from the East, is pretty good at infiltration and with Karal and Iay in the group, apparently the characters can come from a pretty damned broad geographic area. Also since Demetheus, the Bull and Dace I would think are a bit over-used and Lyta is a tad hard to fit into a group sensibly.

With similar to this, either Elias Trimelion. He's again good at things that might do well with a Tomb, he's a general enjoyable character and might even be a good alternative social front character. He's also I think pretty definitively "Nighty". Harmonious Jade is already used a bit much, Havesh sucks as a character, Juinan is tied to his own Circle and ghost-hunting bits and Huyla seems similarly tied with Nexus specifically.

Eclipse I have no damned clue. If it is one of the statted five, my off the cuff guess is Rune for being pretty easy to just put anywhere. Rhianna wuld be cool but I think her tying with being a horse rider is a similar issue to with Prince Diamond mentioned already. Admiral Sand seems really tied to his location in the South. Mirror Flag seems like a pain in the ass to have as a cahracter at all.

So with that, again, putting it on Jalith, Elias and a toss-up between Rune and Rianna.

And stuff.

Comment

Those could certainly be a reasonable set of choices.

Comment

Going from memory because it's been awhile since I read the Castebooks, I want to say that Iay's deal was going around trying to keep the West from dissolving into the Wyld while Fire Orchid's deal was going around training people to be awesome. So, we've got a Sorcerer Twilight who is probably Occult or Lore Supernal and a Zenith who is almost certainly War Supernal.

Tomb of Dreams, now that I think about the name, sort of implies a Fae threat, so... Tomb full of Fae who were supposed to guard the Solar's body, scavenger lord who breaks the seal and now there's a Fae army bearing down on some town/city. Orchid trains the people into a big army and leads them, Iay lays down the serious anti-chaos stuff and....hmmm.

Ok, I'm going to assume that you are running a perfect circle here, because I think that's reasonable. An Assassin would be useful in the above scenario, since the Raksha leader is likely the main motivating force behind the army. A Warrior who can kill an army would be useful, but I don't think any of the canon Dawns know White Reaper and I don't think any other 3e charm trees have big benefits against battlegroups. Eclipse... actually a Rider could be pretty useful here, someone who can get from place to place on the battlefield really easily.

So, given the above assumptions, I'd guess Jade and Rhianna, but I could also see Rune because of his vendetta against the Fae. Not sure on the Dawn, maybe Ranlea of Gem?

Alternately, since both Iay and Orchid are both pretty caring people, working for various communities because they can, I'd say that you'll be letting the Demethemaina loose on your adventure too, because that's also the kind of guy he is. Not sure on the others. Mirror Flag does kinda have this deal, but I think she might be a bit of a headache to play.

Thinking on it, if it were me writing this, I'd be trying very hard to find a way to justify Crow the Boy, Mistress Emerald, and Jalith all in the same adventure, because I like those characters, but that would need to be a very, very weird plot.

Comment

Y'all may be overestimating the degree to which the scenario takes into account the pregens' backgrounds.

Comment

They've had some time to present their guesses, so I think it's only fair to give them the answers.

Dawn: Lyta
                              Night: Havesh the Vanisher
                              Eclipse: Scarlet Whisper

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                                They've had some time to present their guesses, so I think it's only fair to give them the answers.

Dawn: Lyta
                                Night: Havesh the Vanisher
                                Eclipse: Scarlet Whisper

Not sure if "sunglasses" means you are trolling or not...

Lyta and Havesh aren't what I would consider to be typical Solar starting characters, I mean their origin stores are typical, but their actual position as Solars is more antagonistic than say the signature Solars. Scarlet Whisper is cool though.

Comment

Working...
                                X