How often do solars see the sun?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morangias View Post
    I never ran a Solars game in 2e, but the PCs in my Sidereals game have met with the UCS once or twice. I tried my best to dissuade them from doing so more often, as I don't have a clue how to roleplay him.
    I honestly had that problem too (with all the Incarnae, honestly). It's fine saying "he's a regal and majestic king"... but what does he do when PCs make rude hand gestures at him and call him various profanities?

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      I honestly had that problem too (with all the Incarnae, honestly). It's fine saying "he's a regal and majestic king"... but what does he do when PCs make rude hand gestures at him and call him various profanities?
      Well, when the Israelites complained about how sick they were of manna and how they just wanted some meat for a change, God decided to make it rain (presumably tainted) quails a yard deep, over an area of sixteen thousand square miles.* So many Israelites died of sickness that the place was named "Kibroth Hattaavah," or "Graves of Craving."

Point is, don't insult your god.

(Source: Numbers, Chapter 11.)

Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-24-2017, 12:58 PM.

He/him

Comment

I love the Glories depiction of the UCS and had him pitch up fairly regularly in my longest running game. I ran him as if he was a kind of Superman, but with his hands tied by the Creation Ruling Mandate. He had sworn never to act in Creation again because the Solars were there and when they went bad he gave up on the whole thing.

With my players as heroic and noble heroes he slowly developed an interest in them and a hope they could redeem the Solar in his eyes and save Creation. I was building up to Little Beam eventually replacing his father after the UCS died in battle but never got there sadly. My players got to the point where they were wielding the Aiden Weis, and wearing the Crown of Thunders, the Dawn and Zenith respectively, and were the lead Solar Circle in Creation and the Sun's personal Champions.

It was glorious and wonderful, and Glories of the Most High remains my favourite Exalted product ever.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          It's fine saying "he's a regal and majestic king"... but what does he do when PCs make rude hand gestures at him and call him various profanities?
          ‚ÄčI'm picturing it as varying depending on his mood, ranging from a kind of wry amusement such as certain adults might take to getting such treatment by a toddler, to a stern disappointment in which he has his attendant remove you from his presence (and if you raise your hand against them, you're getting the butt of the Godspear to the face). Either way, you're going home to find that white mice have despoiled your crops and/or your house.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

The current game, that's just two sessions in, and it is quite a sandboxy game (2.5-ish), so I don't have a clue in which direction it will go. It might be everywhere from they have UCS as a main focus and meeting him a lot, to never.

The Zenith got a "Go and rule in my name" message (and that is not a shortened version) from a vision of a four armed dude. The Night caste, a diplomat from the south, exalted while being part of the resistance at Thorns; the character though they had done something to him and that he was turning into a death knight. A Raksha later referred to them as "children of the sun" when they had lit up their caste marks with the hope it would keep them from becoming dinner.

In any case, unless they go to the pleasure dome, the odds are they won't interact with UCS at all.

Comment

Working...
            X