Who set the Solars free?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post

LOL. Sidereal politics is early 21st-century Twitter/Fake News Wars. It all makes sense now!

Don't laugh, but I have used Fox News tactics on my players before. Having NPCs talk in neat little soundbites works well to portray a manipulative character and to make them more memorable.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
      This is also my understanding. I would argue these categories are useful for purposes of the game, where precisely cataloging something is secondary to defeating it/leveraging it to your advantage.
      Yeah. From a mechanical perspective the difference can be fairly important. Hekatonkhire, as creatures of the Underworld are pretty much always going to be Creatures of Darkness, which could have some important mechanical effects. Likewise Hekatonkhire can be summoned and bound by Necromancers, whereas you can't do the same thing with Behemoths (if you're a powerful Necromancer I suppose that would be an excellent way to definitively prove whether something is a Hekatonkhire or not).

But from a more "in-game" perspective, 99% of the time the difference between a Hekatonkhire and Behemoth is barely even academic, and if you see some horrific gibbering monster charging at you, it's unlikely anyone will sit around debating whether it's a Primordial forged Behemoth, a Wyld forged one, or a Hekatonkhire.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

Yeah. From a mechanical perspective the difference can be fairly important. Hekatonkhire, as creatures of the Underworld are pretty much always going to be Creatures of Darkness, which could have some important mechanical effects. Likewise Hekatonkhire can be summoned and bound by Necromancers, whereas you can't do the same thing with Behemoths (if you're a powerful Necromancer I suppose that would be an excellent way to definitively prove whether something is a Hekatonkhire or not).

But from a more "in-game" perspective, 99% of the time the difference between a Hekatonkhire and Behemoth is barely even academic, and if you see some horrific gibbering monster charging at you, it's unlikely anyone will sit around debating whether it's a Primordial forged Behemoth, a Wyld forged one, or a Hekatonkhire.
        Exactly. The whole reason Behemoths and Hekatonkhires exist in Exalted is to be unique monsters/plot hooks. The concept loses the magic if you start applying Monster Manual-style sub-types to it.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post

Don't laugh, but I have used Fox News tactics on my players before. Having NPCs talk in neat little soundbites works well to portray a manipulative character and to make them more memorable.
          ​I wonder how close this would be to Cato the Elder constantly ending speeches (regardless of content or context) with "Carthage must be destroyed".

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            ​I wonder how close this would be to Cato the Elder constantly ending speeches (regardless of content or context) with "Carthage must be destroyed".
            "Carthage must be destroyed. And some Carthaginians, I assume, are good people."

Ugh.
            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-05-2017, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X