Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Small brag0 The Exalted board games, I has them!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Small brag0 The Exalted board games, I has them!

I've owned Legacy of the Unconquered Sun for some time, but I've been keeping an eye out for War for the Throne for some time. Yes, occasional online copies would crop up, but the shipping would be pricey (or a dodge to push the price down), or I'd be broke at the time.

My FLGS happened to get a 'used' copy that had never been played; aside from some shelf wear it was in perfect shape. I'm aware that, as a game, it's a kinda so-so Risk variant with Exalted theming and d10 pools instead of d6s, but just for the collector's value I've wanted it because I'm such an Exalted-head.

That said, even if they're remnants of a situation and company long since gone... anyone on here ever play either of them? I like Legacy well enough but it's not amazing, whereas War for the Throne is more along my natural likes in a board game.

Legacy was interesting as a stripped down and compressed version of the RPG. I think War for the Throne is more fun, but I rarely have the 5 to 8 hours to finish playing one of those huge games so it has sadly sat on my shelf losing out to quicker games like Fluxx.

Comment

I also have them both. Ive had a lot of fun with them, but I would agree War For The Throne is a tad more fun, if only because its a lot easier to get into. That said, Legacy can be a blast if you can layout the time for it.

Comment

A lot of my friends agreed to play War for the Throne with me... once. Then they got bored of it.

Might have had something to do with my brother's undefeated "mass legions in a safe prefecture and then roll forward with bucket-of-dice sorcery attacks" strategy, though.

Comment

I had a lot of fun playing War for the Throne back in the day.

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
          Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: The Fall of Jiara
          Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Comment

Man I have a copy of war for the throne I found at a game shop, guy sold it to me for like 30 dollars since he had no idea anything about exalted. Still haven't found anyone to play it.

Comment

Is there any other game they are analogous too?

Comment

Originally posted by Remulader View Post
                Is there any other game they are analogous too?
                War for the Throne is Risk: Exalted Edition. Legacy is like a board game version of the RPG, where you go on quests and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X