X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenna Moran Presents: Hidden Horse Style

I think y'all are gonna like this one.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Ok, so, I realize that you can't say anything Official for Onyx Path or whatever, but, just in your opinion, how is the balance on this hilarious style? Would the mechanics break the game in 3e or anything? Is it too silly to allow in to most games?

Comment

Someone tell Andrew Hussie.

Comment

Well, a friend did just ask me about the possibility of a mounted style. Let me see what he thinks…

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
          Ok, so, I realize that you can't say anything Official for Onyx Path or whatever, but, just in your opinion, how is the balance on this hilarious style? Would the mechanics break the game in 3e or anything? Is it too silly to allow in to most games?
          I didn't review it with too critical an eye. My guess is that it'd be closer to the underpowered side of the scale. But then, maybe I fail to understand the power of a properly hidden horse.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

I notice this style favors direchains. I suddenly want to make a character who combines Hidden Horse Style, Ebon Shadow Style, Solar Stealth Charms and Solar Survival Charms to make a badass pet horse.

You're just a guy walking down the street. Then you're suddenly a guy on a horse. But then everyone realizes the horse wasn't ever there. And neither were you. But the truth is, your horse really is there. It's right behind them. And it's out for their blood.

Comment

"The martial artist fades backwards, shooting horses out of her sleeves in a withering attack on her unsuspecting enemy."
              Hidden Horse Hands for best charm.
              Also, possibly a Naruto reference?

Comment

Mastery: Upon readying a stolen mount, the martial artist may roll (Charisma + Performance) with her Ride in bonus dice to showily twirl her new weapon around herself, inspiring her allies with hope, her enemies with sorrow or despair, or some other appropriate inspirational effect.
                Last edited by putty; 03-04-2017, 12:35 AM.

Comment

While I was reading it, I kind of expected Eternal Equinox Transcension to allow the martial artist to unhorse an opponent who was not mounted (or was he?) and was disappointed that it did not do that.

Share your wonders in The Artifact and Evocation Workshop

Comment

Evocations for “a stolen enemy mount” cost only 4xp, or 2xp if identical to the evocations the martial artist has mastered for another artifact weapon.
                    I so want someone to come up with some evocations for this...

Comment

I miss JiveX styles

Comment

After all the charms that preceded it, I had steeled myself to be disappointed when reading the capstone.

Why did I doubt?

Upon recovering from my laughter (my god, I can PICTURE it in manga form) I shared the link with everyone I know who has the slightest chance of appreciating it. What a treasure.

The only question that nags me is this: the charms represent a coherent fighting style, true, but how does one accurately portray the mortal practitioners, who perhaps may not be capable of the necessary feats of strength? Horse-sized stagehand costumes immediately spring to mind, but no, this seems too easy. Perhaps some of the martial artists stride into battle upon stilts, underneath fake, prop horses.

Comment

glorious - just glorious

I particularly like the charm leaves the opponent with a -1 appearance penalty for the rest of the scene, and a horse-shoe imprint on their face

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Holy hell, that's perfect.
                            Also I'm not sure if the first charm is meant to be Sometimes Horses Approach or "Sometimes, Horses!" Approach.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Sometimes horses fly approach
                              but no need to fly. Sometimes horses aproach

Comment

Working...
                              X