I have my books, and I am happy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have my books, and I am happy

It was a long wait, but I now have one deluxe edition and one orichalcum edition. They are huge, they look amazing, and I've had multiple non-gamers today asking after the book and what it's for just based on the size and raw glam-power.

A heartfelt thank you to the devs, writers, artists and everyone else involved in making these beautiful books and the wonderful game inside.

pictures or it didn't happen.

#jealous

Craft rewrite.

Comment

#ITHAPPENED

Comment

Can you show us a size comparison between the 2e core and the 3e deluxe core? How much heavier does the plate make the book?

Placeholder

Comment

The plate makes it heavier, but it's not really noticeable unless you're trying to weigh between then. Like, a crate of spoons is heavy, but the yeddim carrying it still pretty much weighs as much as you'd expect a yeddim to.

As for comparison:

Comment

How are they bound?

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptic Tank View Post
              ... the yeddim carrying it still pretty much weighs as much as you'd expect a yeddim to.
              Came here to read gratitude for the book delivery. Got excellent indeterminate yeddim joke. Was not disappointed.

Exalted Fanfiction on AO3 that I have authored. A Lunar oral history, a Solar buddy-fiction, and other story hooks.

Comment

Who ships them? USPS, UPS, DHL?

Comment

Originally posted by CapitanTypo View Post
                  How are they bound?
                  Just got a regular deluxe in (yay). The binding is similar to what you see in an oversized art-book (Like Janson's History of Art) with cloth weave, not your standard RPG binding. I breathed some relief seeing that.

Comment

One of the reasons I go for the Kickstarters is the higher quality books. The POD books are cheaper but don't last very long with even moderate wear and tear. The KS books last nearly forever in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post

Just got a regular deluxe in (yay). The binding is similar to what you see in an oversized art-book (Like Janson's History of Art) with cloth weave, not your standard RPG binding. I breathed some relief seeing that.

Thanks. Know nothing about book binding, and had no idea how to answer that.

Originally posted by shadryx View Post
                      Who ships them? USPS, UPS, DHL?
                      I'm in Canada, and got mine through Canada Post.

Comment

Yea, I got my books in today, a Deluxe and a shiny Ultra-Deluxe. Plus associated knick knacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptic Tank View Post
                          #ITHAPPENED
                          I wasn't even a little sad about not springing for Orichalcum until just now.

Comment

Originally posted by CapitanTypo View Post
                            How are they bound?

By Eclipse's oath, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                            X